01 November, 2006

Humbled...

Strawberry Hill (measuring: 28.5" square)

I am humbled by a November surprise, it happened today. Not the same type of November surprise we've been hearing about in the pre-election, poll-type, speculative sense; but the kind of surprise that it so unexpectedly wonderful it takes your breath away! I am humbled by the huge heart and generous spirit of a dear, dear friend who made this for me; hand appliquéd, no less! This was a birthday gift from her, my birthday was in September; which adds to the surprise- (but then, that's another facet of this gift, I'm never "officially" older until I receive her gift). So, in a sense, today's my birthday! Thanks, Quiltkeemosabe...

Life is Good...
and even better with a friend just like you!

1 comment:

Susan said...

What a wonderful gift! Isn't it great to have a friend who knows how to quilt?