14 November, 2006

Like a Snow Globe...

...life has been 'all shook up' around here lately. In the same way that snow floats around in a globe after shaking, everything is beginning to settle down once again, but most likely not in the same place. Kyle is living with us until he can regain his independance, based on current physical limitations. He requires assistance with some things, such as switching between the leg brace (worn when moving about) and the boot (worn while in the bed); this occurs frequently throughout each day. Usually he 'calls' me by employing the intercom feature on our cordless phone, something I never even knew we had, when he needs help. My daily routine ain't what it used to be... but, I am amazed at how relatively quickly we've all adapted. This new rehab facility, our home, won't be forever. In the meantime I'm learning many things about and from my adult son, I am deeply thankful that I'm in a position where I can help him recover here. Kyle has always been able to make me laugh like no one else; even now, he continues to amuse me. No, life isn't the same, we're reminded that we're not in charge, God is! We're strong and we're a family; we live and love and learn and laugh together, on His time! There are still some swirling flakes circling the globe, most have found a new place to land; this is our life...

Life is Good!

No comments: