09 October, 2007

Whatcha Gonna Do?

It's fall, the calendar says so. But it's also as hot as summer, at least it still is here in our neck of the woods. So, whatcha gonna do? We're splitting the difference and eating Apple Pie ICE CREAM!
Hey, it's all about compromise...
Oh, yes; this is definitely a recommendation!
(Get it while it lasts, it's a limited edition flavor!)

Updates on a few earlier posts:

Brain Age: I've lowered mine and that's a good thing! Although optimum brain age is in the twenties mine is now ten years younger than my actual chronological age. (That's eight years off my initial profile age... still FAR from the twenties, but heading in the right direction!) I attribute this to a rigid daily training regimen. That's both good and bad! The good: I am much faster in basic math calculations and memory games. The bad: "Rewards" for training daily, and improving scores, are more and harder games!
Cat 'Training': Hannes has taken to sleeping up on top of the back of the sofa!?! I'm at a loss on this one, is he learning from her? Does he want to be like her? Is he planning an aerial attack?
Risk-Taking: I'm out on a limb, wish me luck; it's a long way down!
From Studio SP (Strawberry Patch):
The block of the month sessions at my LQS have concluded. A new series of twelve classes will begin in November. I am playing fast and furious 'catch-up' now to complete the old blocks so that I can have a clear conscience in the new classes! I did this years in both the traditional and bright colorways, one to keep and one for my daughter... in that order. Here are two of the blocks, hopefully I can set both tops on retreat next month. These were done using Marti Michell's Perfect Patchwork template method and they all fit together perfectly; they had to, some of the blocks had over fifty pieces, no room for any error!


Life IS Good!

12 comments:

keslyn said...

Hope that heat wave doesn't hang around too long, it is really warming up here in Aus, but we are going into Summer. I am sure that apple pie & ice cream went down well.
Happy sewing Kerry

meggie said...

A bit odd about the weather. I find I do really look forward to Season's change.
I love those blocks.
Hannes on top of the back of the couch?? Domination over the cat?

MJMR said...

Thanks for the info on uploading pictures to a blog. Now let's see if I can do it! I hope quiltkeemosabe is having a good time at the beach! Got email tonight...worried about the shop..questioned if she forgot to order some items?? Told her to lean back and relax!!

Mama Spark said...

Cats are natural teachers just ask them = ) That ice cream souds yummy!!

Anne Heidi said...

That Ice Cream sounds delicious! Over here we have no trouble with the weather being "right" for the season- it's been snowing again today. I think DH will have to put the winter tires on the car tonight. I love your quiltblocks, you are so smart to make two at a time!

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

And other than THAT, nothing at all going on at Chez Goodneedle!

Laurie Ann said...

I had an old poodle named Snickers, who used to love to sleep on the back of the couch. Or just hang out there. As she got older she started licking the air. Over and over. So when she was sitting on the back of the couch and licking licking licking the air, right in our ears, it would drive us crazy. But I loved that old girl. She was definately a one person dog. I miss having a dog small enough to cuddle in my lap. I'll definately have another poodle some day. (hugs) to Hannes. Just hope he doesn't start to "meow"!

Darlene said...

Hannes may be planning to toss that cat right out the window. LOL
I do hope the cat doesn't push Hannes off the back of the couch!

Love the blocks - great colors!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Hannes and Turbo - LOVE the give and take stories you're sharing... our cat "owns" the back of our couch but has to share when our 4 pound granddog comes to stay at Camp Sefton. It's hilarious to watch them 'dance' with each other!

Teachergirl said...

I'm sure your daughter will love the quilt!

Sue Seibert said...

I just got the Marti Mitchell B and D and the book and a lot of other stuff. Can't wait to use them. There's a new quilter in our area, and she has a shop/studio/classroom in her home. She longarms as her main source of income, and her work is beautiful. She knows Alex Anderson and quilts for Moda. Her name is Pattie Stevens. Great gal...and sooooo helpful!

Nan said...

How funny about Hannes! My wieners do that same thing! They really enjoy the view from the top of the couch.
Love your quilt blocks, too - they're very pretty in both colorways.
I almost bought the Apple Pie Ice Cream the other day - I think I'll have to get it now!