28 December, 2007

Let There Be Light...

There were lots of bright and shining light-filled moments yesterday, I'll share three:

1. The holes for new lighting are cut in the ceiling (no turning back now!) they're placed strategically for specific sewing task areas. It's hard to tell in this photo but it will all be revealed in good time. My husband made a "template" and screwed that to the center of each spot where a light will be placed and then cut around that with a hole saw. The lights are on here just to see how things will look, but the rings will be removed for ceiling painting, we bought the reflector inserts, too. We're going to repaint all the trim and walls too, as long as everything is currently down and covered.2. Bonnie of Quiltville was in town, right here! Oh, yes!! She will be moving here soon (great big smile) and was in dire need of a quilty fix while staying in her temporary digs. I picked her up, kidnapped Quiltkeemosabe, and together we gave her the 'nickel' tour all the while hitting a few quilt shops and eating lunch at one of our favorite places. Bonnie is just as genuine and generous in person as you know her to be through "Quiltville". Columbia's loss is certainly our gain! My only regret yesterday is that I left my camera at home. But, lucky me, there will be plenty of opportunities for group photos in the future. Thanks, Bonnie for a wonderful, memorable, luminous day!

3. Our son and future daughter in law treated us to a movie yesterday afternoon in honor of my husband's upcoming birthday; we saw The Great Debaters. If you haven't seen it, and have the chance, run-- don't walk. It's that good! Starring Denzel Washington and Forest Whitaker, it's set in the racially-divided deep south in the 1930's and based on the true story of a small, black college debate team struggling to succeed against all odds. A Harpo production, it's one of those movies that will stay with you, I can't stop thinking about it, even today; it will sweep you up.

It was a bright and shining, light-filled day.
...the afterglow remains...
Life is Good!

6 comments:

*karendianne. said...

(I had to put my shades on - the afterglow is so bright!!!)

:)

A DH that isn't afraid of templates. Now that's a man we can all love and admire!!! These lights are going to be fantastic.

Absolutely thrilled you were able to enjoy time with Bonnie. Beyond cool for all three of you.

Happy Happy Love, *karendianne.

Salem Stitcher said...

Sounds like a wonderful day with Bonnie! I can't wait to meet her. Who knows, I may start my own scrap bins...nah...

MJMR said...

Has Hannes tracked dust throughout the house yet? Keep up the good work M.

meggie said...

The movie will be one I will see!

I wish you a Happy New Year, & Love Peace & Joy for 2008.

atet said...

Oh what lovely lights to brighten the dark days of winter! Your new lighting in your sewing room is going to be fantastic! Hope you had a very merry Christmas and that the New Year brings joy and love!

Jeanne said...

Lucky move for both you and Bonnie!