05 January, 2008

Making Headway...

I've been posting for a while about the new lights in the Studio and rearranging the sewing space. We're making headway, the lights are in and the ceiling's been painted. We've gone from this:To this:And finally, to this:It was cleaned up temporarily, and not a stitch was sewn. Now we're preparing to paint the walls and trim and possibly refinish the floors. We initially had a floor outlet installed, but now that we've moved the furniture it needs to be moved and the original outlet hole plugged, one thing leads to another. "Why", you may be asking yourself, "are all these lights necessary?" I'll give you a clue, the answer lies in the gift that Kyle gave me for Christmas; here's a peek at that:Everything will be revealed in it's time. We're still preparing the space. Until then, remember:

Life is Good!
~very big smile~

16 comments:

Juliann in WA said...

Life is good! This is kind of like the empty banjo bag my husband got for Christmas because the banjo is on back order unti mid-January. Something to look forward to.

Quilting Memories said...

Hooray for your newly redone sewing space. I am so very happy for you, I know you will enjoy your new toy!!!I can just see you, Quiltkeemosabie and B.H. in there having a big time. You will really be able to QUILT MEMORIES. VBS

meggie said...

You lucky girl!!

*karendianne. said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so excited for you I can hardly contain myself!!!

I can't wait to see all the great things you're going to create.

This is a fun ride. ;)

SuBee said...

WOW!!! You're a cool cookie, Ma'am! I'd be jumping around like a kid. Congratulations!!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Hummm, maybe you might want a ceiling electrical outlet? LOL! Can't wait for you to reveal more details!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Libby said...

Good lighting is key . . . looks like you are going to make good use of it *s*

Ancestor Collector said...

The studio looks wonderful! My SIL Candice has a long arm quilting machine and she's soooo happy with it. She's been quilting for everyone for every occasion! ;-)

Cheryl said...

What a fantastic room, and I love the lighting. Seems like life is very good indeed! Can't wait to see the room all together :-)!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Life is indeed good ~ you'll LOVE those lights (as well as all the other (!) changes and additions!!

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Sometimes life is BEYOND good!

Pam said...

OHHH - that does like like it will be exciting. It is also great to have new and better lighting as well.

I love all the pictures of Hannes. Isn't he so sweet to be so patient to have all the photos taken.

Sue Seibert said...

Your studio is really beautiful. Looks like a wonderful place to create. I love the lights.

Nane said...

Bet you won't be able to keep the guys from wanting to learn to "drive" the new toy! Can't wait to check it out!

Anne Heidi said...

Love all the lights in your studio, and it sounds like they will be good to have... How exciting! Wish I could come and play... The photos of Hannes are just adorable!

Laurie Ann said...

Oh man, how fun!!!!!!