19 September, 2008

Baby Feet, Small Steps

Don'tcha just wanna kiss those sweet, baby feet? This, a parting snapshot from the Angels Race on Sunday. Thanks for indulging this proud Granny~ one more time!

On the quilting front, there's progress! Small steps; but, hey, they're in a forward-moving motion! Round Robin: done, mailed. Block of the month: done. Southern Album: getting there. (class is Sunday) This block, at right, is what I've renamed "Turkey in The Strawberries". It's a Turkey Tracks block which I personalized, that became a career move took forever a while! Charming cotton swap: need to find two purple fabrics for slicing and dicing. (group meets next Wednesday) That's the way I operate: tend to the deadlines as they pop up, and in the meantime fill the days with ongoing projects; throw in a healthy dose of cooking, housekeeping and a church meeting or two and that's about all there is in a week, then it's time to start all over again! I pose this question for your consideration: how do you operate? Do you do you "assignments" ahead of time, or as they are due? Someone asked me the other day, very innocently, if I had all my quilts done. I had to laugh; clearly, it was someone who didn't know me very well.

Life is Good!




Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

quiltkeemosabe said...

Love the strawberries!!!! You know how I operate---one panic at a time as each deadline appears like an oncoming train!

Salem Stitcher said...

Oh yes! I want to nibble those little baby feet! He just gets sweeter every day, doesn't he?

Your strawberries are wonderful! Beautiful block!

MOST of the time I am whacking out fires as they pop up. Every now and then, I get ahead of my deadlines but I'm always surprised when I do.

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

A wonderful and timely question, one that's been much on my mind. I'm the sort that looks at a due date and writes down a date 3-4 days in advance in the case of work projects and 1-2 weeks in advance in the case of quilting projects. That way, if something goes awry, I'm okay. My husband and boss both like to use every available minute to get the project as perfect as possible. It makes me crazy. Thanks for asking!

Baby Steps said...

His feet look huge in that picture!

Ancestor Collector said...

I work best when up against a deadline but I typically don't come down to the very last minute. I prefer to have my work all done ahead of time so I can sit down and feel good about it, but that doesn't happen as often as I'd like. I usually don't procrastinate TOO much.

I love little baby toes....so good to nibble! ;-)

I love the Turkey in the Strawberries....so YOU!

So, Mrs.G., what are you doing with yourself next Tuesday?

Hug!

em's scrapbag said...

Could just eat those little toes. How precious! Your block is beautiful. Good work!!

G'G'ma said...

Oh, love those little feet....have always loved baby feet. Maybe it is because I have such ugly feet!

Paula, the quilter said...

Like all the others, those little feet are just adorable. And the block is great. I work best under pressure and deadlines. Always have.

*karendianne. said...

Sweet feet to greet for a treat after the day at the Angles Meet. :)

Love the block. This is going to be something when its all done.

The Mistress of LeeHaven once had a career. She operated in planning ahead and deadline mode. Now the Mistress eases *s* thru the day and creates self imposed deadlines.

Naturally Psycho but with Love, *karendianne./ Living Life at LeeHaven

Mama Spark said...

And you think I am an overachiever! Whew that made me tired. The baby is so adorable. He has kinda big feet for such a little guy,maybe he will be really tall. Is that in your family??

Nan said...

Look at those sweet feet! Makes me smile from ear to ear. He's adorable, Mrs. G!
I think your strawberries block is absolutely gorgeous!
I am a big-time procrastinator, although I work very hard not to be. My best ideas seem to come when I'm under the gun, though! What can I do?

Todd, Kari, Anna and Gracie said...

Ohhhhh my gosh!!! He's feet are so sweet...I just wanted to snuggle and kiss them!! He's growing so much! I really do think he's a beautiful baby boy.