18 January, 2009

Oh, Happy Day!

I've been a part of a round robin blogging group for the last 15 months. My own completed "baby" (14" X 18.5") returned home on Friday, immediately prompting the name for this quiltlet: Oh, Happy Day! Any of you who've ever participated in a round robin can identify with the feeling: you get so wrapped up in the creative process and the monthly deadlines of receiving and sending that you lose sight of the fact that you're actually going to get one in return! I am deeply appreciative of the hard work and dedication poured into this project. My precious little beauty has traveled across the country and back; and will now rest from her journey on the studio wall, a constant and happy reminder that...

Life is Good!
...oh yes it is...
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Salem Stitcher said...

I clicked on the picture so I could examine it closely. It is so wonderful! I can't wait to see it in person hanging on your studio wall!

quiltkeemosabe said...

it looks perfect for you!!!! What fun.

nannergirl said...

I also clicked to enlarge...this turned out beautifully. I also really like the quilting on the wedding quilt, what a great keepsake.

Cheryl said...

Wow, that is an amazing round robin!!! It is so much fun to have them come back home. Great name for the quilt.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

It is beautiful - and has a fitting name. How many people participated - and who did what part?

Teresa said...

What a happy cheerful little quilt.

Carrie P. said...

What a great little quilt. The detail is so much fun to look at.

Tanya said...

How wonderful! I am working on the same quilt with a local group but all the blocks have seemed to disappear for the present. It will be fun to see what people come up with. Yours is so bright and cheerful! Perfect reflection of your personality!