01 March, 2009

For Your Listening Pleasure...

My parents are visiting from New England for a couple of weeks. Along with various other goodies my Mom brought me a new, classic style, Flutophone! Packaged in a retro-style box it appears to be exactly like the one that I played in elementary school. I was having difficulty with the fingering and my daughter in law came to my rescue here (without a doubt she had an interest in protecting her own ears as well as those of the others in the room). I can't remember the last time that I have laughed as hard as I was during our collaboration; she is doing the fingering while I am supplying the wind. We make a great team. You may want to consider us for your next engagement that requires live entertainment. If you are thinking ahead, no need to worry; we're working on a second number to add to our repertoire: "Jolly Old St. Nicholas" for your holiday enjoyment. Quite amazingly, this is what is printed on the side of the box:
You may want to consider booking early,
we're sure to be inundated with requests~
Life is Good!


15 comments:

Domestic Designer said...

Guess what...I had one of those in elementary school too! Both of my children played them before they started band. Isn't it amazing how history repeats itself and is much more fun the second time around! I hope you have a wonderful visit with your parents!

leigh anna said...

hahahaha

i still think the box is the funniest thing!!

Quilting Memories said...

I'm checking my Christmas Calendar already. I love "Jolly Old St. Nick". Hope I can afford the 2 of you. Keep up the good work and you know the saying, Practice makes perfect. I can't wait "till Christmas. Bobbin

Janet said...

Oh the memories! I remember learning to play back in fourth grade and I think all three of my kids did too. I'm sure your bookings are rolling in by now!

MJMR said...

The two of you are so talented. Can't wait for a repeat performance at Christmas time. I really enjoyed the time we spent together at Mid-Atlantic. Thanks again for including me.

Rhonda said...

HA HA HA

I remembered playing that... thanks for the memories! Looking forward to your Christmas performance.

quiltkeemosabe said...

What a wonderful song to wake up to!!! There will be no stopping you now. Maybe a Las Vegas "gig" in your future!

Teresa said...

...And the crowd goes wild...jumping to their feet...applause, applause, applause! Cute blog today.

*karendianne. said...

That was so great. Y'all did superb. Really. I hope you really will work out some tuneage for the holiday. Oh my I wonder what Mason will think? I noted Hannes was not to be seen.

Okay the box - I can't believe it said that. That's hilarious.

lindsey said...

I feel like I really missed out here...I don't think we have those in the UK. And fancy playing it for a quilt group, that is too funny!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I remember my beloved cocker spaniel (Major)howling whenever I practiced ~ and the neighbors running indoors after I had been banished to the great outdoors... thanks for a major memory blast!!

p.s. ya'll ARE a great duo!

Anonymous said...

Wonder how many times our paths crossed at Hampton!

Anonymous said...

Now that was funny! Loved the video!

Salem Stitcher said...

Oh, I definitely think you could get a gig at Rock the Block this summer.

Libby said...

I played one in elementary school, too. Out west, we called it the 'recorder' At some point I even advanced to playing 'alto recorder' You clearly have the talent to add that instrument to your arsenal *s*