07 January, 2010

This Much Fun Is Hard Work

My bags are all packed and by the door, ready for a quilting retreat! All that's left to do is pack my suitcase and load the cooler. Whew! There's a lot of work and planning behind going away to sew for a weekend with your best buds. I always laugh when I have my bags all piled up like this and ready to load into the car, it reminds me of the time my husband helped me tote everything out of the house and innocently asked why it wouldn't just be easier for everyone to come and sew here! I replied that yes, it would be easier, but it certainly wouldn't be as much FUN. Anyone who might think that having fun is easy has never packed for a weekend quilt retreat. My husband is still trying to understand the concept.

Life is Good!


Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

Have a wonderful time! I love retreats.

Salem Stitcher said...

This has been me all day.... "Oh boy! Oh boy! oh boy! Oh boy!!!!" I haven't got all my bags at the door yet but I have been ready to go all week. See you tomorrow!

Joyce said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
AnnieO said...

Apparently he hasn't ever packed all by himself for a VACATION? After all, that's what you'll be havin'! Enjoy, enjoy (and share when you get back please!)

Brenda said...

Have fun! I have never been to one but always imagine it as camp, for grown ups! B=)

Shakerwood said...

So true.....kind of reminds me when the kids were little and we had to pack "everything" just to go out for the afternoon!

*karendianne. said...

Always love it when you go do these!!! It's fun to read about the fun you've had.

Unknown said...

I didn't know you were back to blogging. Glad you're back!!! Hope you had fun at the retreat.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wendy said...

Such fun, have a great weekend away. Someday your husband will understand.

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

Winter is the perfect time for a retreat!