06 May, 2010

Quilting Shoes

I've been taking pictures of, and admiring, all the phenomenal machine quilting out there. I kept saying to myself, "what's standing (pun intended, keep reading) in my way"? Certainly I'm putting in enough practice time but my quilting doesn't hold a candle to what the pros crank out. "They must be doing something that I'm not", I thought; "what could it be"? Then it dawned on me, I don't have the right shoes! Why didn't I realize that sooner? So, in an effort to improve my skills I went out and bought some new shoes to quilt in. Aren't they cute? They're light, airy and super-comfy! I need shoes with support when I am standing at Sundance all day... my flip-flops just don't cut it and my walking shoes are simply too hot and confining these days. These are the perfect solution. No excuses now... I have more clam shells to stitch, one after another, and feathers and swirls and waves... I can't have foot fatigue slowing me down. Yes, I finally figured it out. And you've probably figured me out by now too: I really wanted these shoes! My quilting is looking better already.
Life is Good!

19 comments:

leigh anna said...

I got a pair of those shoes, thanks to you and Mr. G., a few years ago for my birthday! LOVE THEM! I don't really use mine for quilting, but the standing all day, yes, I do that. One of the ladies I work with wears hers without socks, year round, I personally go for mismatched socks in the fall, winter, spring time, so either combination would work for you! :)

Ancestor Collector said...

A girl can never have too many pairs of shoes! ;-) Can you tell us what kind of shoes these are? I've never seen them before but from Leigh Anna's comment, I think perhaps I'm behind the times!

Salem Stitcher said...

I have three pairs of these shoes but I need them in THAT color! You will find you live in the shoes they are so comfortable.

Every now and then you will see me, kb and Laura all in our black ones at the same time. We're triplets!

Baby Steps said...

Since they are "quilting" shoes, I am assuming we won't be seeing them out in public?

Rhonda said...

Oh my do those look comfy! You are so right, when standing nearly all day, a girl needs support. I could have used a pair or two in the classroom ;-}
Take care and happy quilting!

MJMR said...

Yes, of course it is all in the shoes!

Nane said...

I have the fur lined clogs for winter quilting, maybe these are next. I like to be bare footed when I am at my machine so these are perfect for slipping on and off. Who says quilters cant have cute shoes!

Pat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pat said...

Good grief -- how about telling us what they are!!! My feet are screaming!

BTW, will those shoes help me type better? Had to trash that last post due to fatfingeritis.

Diane said...

Cute post but who makes the shoes? They are just what I need!

KQ Sue said...

Yes, what brand are they and where can we all find them?

Barbara said...

Those shoes look so comfortable. Would you mind sharing where you bought them from as I would love to get some myself. Cool and comfortable is the only way to go.

Paula, the quilter said...

OK. Now you've done it. Spill the beans on the shoes. I love shoes, especially comfy ones.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I bought these very shoes two weeks ago and love them! Very comfortable and not hot at all. Enjoy! blessings, marlene

Janet said...

It IS all in the shoes! If a gal's feet hurt, then nothing goes right. I've got plantar facitis and I've been thinking about blogging about my last new pair of shoes. I bet those are Merrells?

Shakerwood said...

They look very comfy. What kind are they? Will they help me stay at my machine and keep me on task?

Melanie said...

I love those shoes--- enquiring minds wood love to know more about them....:)

Linda said...

Yep, the shoes make all the difference!
Linda in Southern Illinois

tracey said...

LOVE the shoes! I bought myself a pair, only in RED, about 2 months ago. My absolute favorite pair of shoes, so they are! Enjoy!

Tracey