13 October, 2010

A Flurry Of Activity

It's been a flurry of activity around here since Lucy Ann's debut; most of it centered around catching up on projects for her that weren't in line with her early arrival (my timeline and hers weren't synched!). I stitched up some personalized burp cloths, and a few for soon-to-be-born G baby too! I backed a small flannel blankie with soft pink Flurr and tied that with narrow satin ribbons, stitched in place to hold it together. I didn't take a picture of that before I shipped it off but hopefully I can talk my daughter into a shot of it, with the baby, after she receives it. I am at the stage of hand finishing the binding on the ABC quilt for my granddaughter (left) and have G's blue version loaded on Sundance today. Oh yeah, lest we forget that it is October, a black cat wearing a broad grin has managed to creep on little feet into the studio too; it's a good thing he doesn't mind the frantic pace!

Life is Good!

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Baby Steps said...

Cute, cute, cute, cute, cute...I can't wait for the box to arrive!

Pat said...

What, pray tell, is Flurr? Where did you get the pattern for the crvy burpies? LOVE the colors of the quilt.

LizA. said...

wow! busy, busy, busy. i'll bet you're having fun working with all that pink! is the flurr like a supersoft minkee type fabric?

Nane said...

Flurr sounds wonderful, I want some jammies for the cabin made out of it. I am sure Lucy Ann will love her quilt as she grows with it.

AnnieO said...

Adorable projects, every one!

Mary Lou Casada said...

Gorgeous projects, G! Sweet little girl stuff. I didn't quilt before my little girl arrived (20 years ago this month! SIGH!), so I'm hoping for a someday little lucy-girl to lavish my needle on! Lovely!
Blessings,
Mary Lou

Karen Newman Fridy said...

Sweet! And I love the expression on the cat...dazed and elated all at the same time. A purrfect fit for all of that activity!

*karendianne. said...

What a delightful post!