20 July, 2012

Off To See The Wizard...

A friend and I received a gracious invitation to spend the morning in the company of a dear lady and master machine quilter. She demonstrated flowing feathers and shared tips and tricks. We soaked it in; all that we could absorb. One thing (there were SO MANY!) that I've been guilty of, to my own detriment, is stitching too fast.  I'm slowing things down; and practicing, practicing, practicing. I am grateful for, and humbled by, this mentor in my life; she not only gave up a morning to teach us, but she removed her own grandson's wedding quilt from her frame and loaded a practice piece just for us to learn and to play. I remember when my daughter was in Girl Scouts, they earned badges entitled: "Each One, Teach One", if we each took the time to pass on just one skill to another how much more proficient would we all be?
Thank you, T; you're the best!
Life is Good!

9 comments:

Janet O. said...

Wonderful! What an opportunity! It is so much easier to catch on to some new skill when someone who has already mastered it is willing to spend time sharing from their own experience.
So is any of that stitching yours?

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

That is fantastic! I was going to ask the same question that Janet asked.

*karendianne. said...

Wonderful. I like the aspect of slowing down. Its important in all aspects of our lives, isn't it? You know I'm all for mentor's!

Anne Heidi said...

Sounds like a perfect day!

lindsey said...

That is beautiful quilting...nothing like watching a master at work

Nane said...

Yes you were with a master for sure. And one that is so fun to be around too. Glad you all got to do this!

LizA. said...

How lucky you are....

phyzz said...

Lovely and delicate. Appreciate your sharing and your creative energy!

Anonymous said...

Do I spy Teresa D? How fun to learn from a master!