03 July, 2012

What's For Dinner And Other Excitement

We were delighted to learn that our nephew, his wife and their two young daughters are planning to stop by and stay with us for a few days on their way back home to the midwest after vacationing at Myrtle Beach. I've  been pulling out some recipes for meals to fix while they're here when my husband enlightened me (after speaking to his brother, the girls' grandfather). Their favorite foods are: popcorn, potato chips, ice cream, macaroni and cheese and Cheerios. Oh, good... that's  just exactly what I was planning on serving! ?! 
Just when this Nana's heart is full to overflowing comes the
joyful news that there's going to be one more... the heart expands, and love grows!
...as does this GIANT quilt top...
just wait until the North and South arrive.
Life is Good!

14 comments:

Ancestor Collector said...

All your news just makes me SMILE!!! :-D

Quiltdivajulie said...

Am I reading what I think I'm reading or am I imagining things?

Beautiful border work - and what a FUN menu!

Janet O. said...

When the North and South arrive in Dixie that usually means a battle--hope that isn't so in your case. : )
At least your meal planning just got a lot less complicated--maybe.
Congrats on the good news. Just wonderful!

LizA. said...

Loving the quilt. What a great picture of your beautiful little redhead! Congrats on the news--you and Nancy seem to be heading down identical paths the past few months......

Shakerwood said...

Congratulations, Nana! I've heard tell that there is always room for one more!

JudyCinNC said...

Could not happen to a more wonderful grandmother - and the quilt is absolutely beautiful. Not sure about the "diet", but whatever it takes to make guests happy is what I would do also. Live is good and you are so blessed. Judy C n NC

Carrie P. said...

Congratulations! so exciting.
what an interesting dinner you will be having.
fabulous quilt!

Salem Stitcher said...

Congratulations! I'm sure he will be the best big brother!

Anne Heidi said...

Oh how exciting :-) Such wonderful news! Love your quilt, it will be stunning!
Enjoy your company.

OhQuilter said...

OH Congratulations!!!

Mama Spark said...

You are so blessed!! Congratulations my friend!

CarlaHR said...

Congratulations on both counts - a new grandchild in the near future and a lovely quilt finish.

Elita@Busy Needle Quilting said...

Congrats on Dixie but bigger on the news of that new coming grandbaby!! xx

lee said...

Love how you set the DIXIE blocks!! Gorgeous:)