08 July, 2014

A Public Service Announcement

You're all familiar with these machines; let me warn you, however, about what to look for before you stick your cup underneath to dispense your beverage of choice. Make sure that the spout (black tube apparatus pointed out here) is, indeed, present and accounted for before you proceed to fill up!  How do I know? After choosing strawberry lemonade last week I was showered with red food coloring spraying out in all directions covering my arm and white pants (glad I wore those for the occasion!).  I looked like I had been through a massacre for the rest of my errands that evening. The manager, upon being informed of the machine malfunction, indicated that those spouts sometimes blow off, being under pressure, and can end up in an unsuspecting diner's cup! He did canvas those eating there at the time, all cups were clear except for drinks and ice; a "to go" customer likely carried away the prize!  The good news is that my pants did come clean! I soaked them overnight after treating them with Carbona's Stain Devils for coffee, tea and juice; I have a full complement of these specific stain removers and can whole-heartedly vouch for their performance; no laundry area should be without them, especially if you like strawberry lemonade!
Life is Good!

5 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

Thanks for the PSA!

Little Penpen said...

Oh my!! Those complicated machines make me nervous! I saw a manager changing out the cartridges recently, and I swear, they looked just like computer ink cartridges! ;)

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Yikes! I love those soda machines, but I didn't know that they could be "dangerous"!

Unknown said...

Hehehe, a warning not to drink soda I guess:)

Laura said...

Oh my gosh, how crazy is that! Did the manager give you give you anything like free food coupons?