10 September, 2014

My Lucky Day!

Today is my lucky day; I feel like I've won the Strawberry Sweepstakes!  This particular china pattern, California Strawberry, has resided in the cabinets of all the homes we've lived in over the last 39 years. It was my chosen pattern for everyday dishes when we married in 1975 and we have been blessed by gifts of many pieces over time. We've done our share of replacing pieces, too, along the way. It is still used, loved, and treasured... every single day.  A few weeks ago a friend asked me if this was the china pattern I owned. "Yes", I replied. She went on to tell me that she had a set she was willing to let go; she has owned it for ten years longer than mine and hers was lightly used, if at all. We agreed upon a price for the entire lot and here it is! I am just as excited today as I was when I was a newlywed bride opening my wedding gifts of this very same pattern. There are pieces here that I've never owned: the pitcher, the shallow cereal bowls, the covered casseroles, larger serving bowl, small platter and the precious cream pitcher! There are other pieces that I am happily reunited with: the butter dish, the tea pot and the large platter! I am happy today; and ever so grateful that my friend and I crossed paths and somehow made this china connection. Thanks, Judi, I promise you... these dishes have found exactly the right home in which to live!
Life is Good!

10 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

It is so sweet to be able to enhance your collection. And that you use them is even better! My family is so hard on dishes that I determined as a newlywed (many years ago) that Corelle was the way to go in my house. They even broke a plate or two of Corelle! Imagine that.

Janet O. said...

I can feel your joy! : )

cityquilter grace said...

wow how exciting.....enjoy tho doesn't need to be said..i can hear the squeal all the way in maine!

Liz said...

2327Sharing your joy enriches my day too!

45th Parallel Quilter said...

So happy for you! Know the feeling ;-) I found dishes YEARS ago at a garage sale that I absolutely loved. I purchased what she had and have added to as they've crossed my path or if I've found them on-line. Use them EVERY SINGLE DAY and they still bring a smile to my face! So happy for you ... doing a "happy dance" ;-)

Quiltdivajulie said...

How wonderful!!!

Sharing the joy ...

jude's page said...

How wonderful that you found matching pieces, and that they will be used and loved.

Unknown said...

that is exactly how I feel when I find strawberry dishes/cookie jars etc. I have collected strawberries since 1971, and to this day......one of my loves. My mother said long ago I would tire of them, but oh never. 65 strawberry cookie jars - all strawberries and counting......you did get a find. So happy for you......gg in South Carolina

paulette said...

SCORE!! Lucky YOU!!

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

With a perfectly matching table runner, too!