28 December, 2014

Post-Christmas Calm

"Coming Up For Air" ~ 60" X 78"
The last few weeks have been a virtual whirlwind of activities... Christmas preparations included daytrips to see loved ones and additional church services as well as special once-a-year baking, shopping, wrapping and card-writing; than, just like that, in what seems like the blink of an eye, it is over. I'll carry Christmas 2014 in my heart from here on in, along with an ever-growing collection of Christmases past. Today there will be a king-sized quilting marathon here, details on this event to come later. I am happy to report that "Coming Up For Air" is quilted and off the frame, ready for trimming and binding.

I'm ready and eager to get back to my ordinary pace and routine once again. That old familiar after-Christmas calm is settling in around me, it is oh-so-comforting. Wishing you peace as we recover, reflect and look forward to the New Year ahead!

Life is Good!

 

8 comments:

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Oh, you're so right. I'm eager to "get back to normal," but for us there are still several days before that happens. Happy New Year, sweet friend!

quiltkeemosabe said...

Up for Air looks great!

Mary said...

as much fun as the holidays are, it does feel good to resume normal routines. Glad you had a good Christmas, filled with family time

Quiltdivajulie said...

Gorgeous finish!!

jude's page said...

Today is my first day back to an old routine, and much as I had a great time with family, this feels really good. Lovely quilting.

Paula, the quilter said...

I love the family time during the holidays, but I really appreciate the quietness of my normal days. Happy New Year, friend.

Janet O. said...

Coming Up For Air is beautiful! Such pretty quilting, and I love blue/brown quilts!
Normalcy is very nice--I just didn't get quite enough festive days this year. Christmas crept up on me. : )

AnnieO said...

Looking lovely and cozy and calm :)

The post Christmas calm is bliss. I barely left my house for three days afterwards!