26 May, 2015

At The Depot

My Mom and Dad have gone back home now, but a week and a half ago, when we were all together, we spent a day in Spencer, NC at the
NC Transportation Museum. In this photo Mom and I are at the depot waiting for the train to stop and take us around the property there; we had a wonderful day.  While working on my homework for "Bible Study" earlier this week I put together this block, entitled "At the Depot".
I decided to make it up out of fabrics Mom gave to me, she'd collected quite a few small, Civil War type prints for a recent quilt and she gladly saved the leftovers so that I could put them to good use in these small blocks. So here we are together, At the Depot; she and I, in body and in fabric.
Life is Good!

7 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love this - what a special memory.

Little Penpen said...

Your block is pretty... it's great that you and your mom can still enjoy one another so much!!!

Janet O. said...

Sweet time together. Just thinking that the block you made with the fabrics "Mom" gave you kind of mimics a railroad crossing sign. How appropriate. : )

Jeanne said...

How nice to be able to share some special time with your mother. The fabric scraps from her are added bonuses. Your put them to good use with that block.

45th Parallel Quilter said...

I love that block and the fabrics you used. I am fortunate to still have my mom but she has (and never did have) any interest in sewing, quilting or fabric. HER mother (my grandmother) was the seamstress so I think that gene skipped a generation. Nice picture of you and your mom ... beautiful memory ;-) Linda

Nane said...

Yep it's cool you and your Mom can share fabric!!

NanaNor's said...

How wonderful that you still have your parents and are able to spend time with them. I love your block! My next quilt will be made out of Civil War fabrics; so glad your mom shared her scraps with you.
Blessings on your weekend.
Noreen