20 May, 2015

Positivity Is Spreading...

"Think Positive!"  ~  45" X 55"
Almost a year ago I posted about a quilt that I had designed in EQ7. I made up a few blocks and put it away; the project... but not the idea! You can access the block pattern by clicking on the link above.


I pulled it all out again this past Monday and began getting all my "pluses" into rows. I love the look of this... it's cheerful and positive! The cute little blocks measure only five inches square and I have put that Creative Grids Itty-Bitty Eights ruler to good use squaring them up. This new ruler is quickly becoming indispensable to me. I absolutely love the eighth inch markings as well as the non-slip finish, I honestly don't know how I got along without it before. I'm not quite half done with this small quilt, stay tuned for more... it's NOT being reshelved before it's a full-fledged flimsy! Part of the fun with this one is using up some of those accumulated low volume background prints... it was high time to cut into them! Don't worry about my stash becoming depleted, I've hardly made a dent. If you like making blocks on the small side you definitely should check out the ruler... but I'm warning you, making itty-bitties can become addictive!
See what I mean?  
These 2" Cake Stand blocks are piling up; a tiny bit at a time.
They don't take up much space or use up much fabric either;
I'm challenging myself to use up even the smallest of scraps.
Life is Good!

9 comments:

jude's page said...

Love your plus quilt and those cake stand blocks are sure cute!

cityquilter grace said...

pretty blocks....and those itty bitty cake stand blocks? you ARE a temptress!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love the plus blocks and scrappiness!

Little Penpen said...

How cute! I love the cake stand blocks!

Little Penpen said...

How cute! I love the cake stand blocks!

Teresa said...

Cute design. I love the plus marks and the quilt name.

MARCIE said...

Your tiny cakestand blocks are adorable! Eeek!
I love the plus quilt! And I love that new little ruler. I have been using mine everyday!

Paula, the quilter said...

I've been going in the opposite direction. Big, for me, is better. But I do love your little blocks.

Vic in NH said...

What great looking blocks! Nice work. As for your previous post, I admire your flexibility while I stay in my comfy old rut, LOL!