10 October, 2015

21st Century Bull's Eye

Here's the back of the latest quilt to come off the rails, showing the quilting detail of one of the borders. This one belongs to my Mom; the quilt pattern is known as the 21st-Century Bull's-Eye, it was the cover quilt from Country Threads' 1999 book: Quilts From Aunt Amy.
I remember buying this book when it was first released and drooling over every quilt in the book. I still love the classic patterns and vintage designs but haven't made even one of the quilts; however, now I can say that I have quilted one!
Mom's version of the 21st-Century Bull's-Eye quilt, 58" X 71".  The circles are machine stitched to the surface, with the raw edges left exposed, then the blocks are quartered, shuffled and reassembled.
I purposely left the centers of the blocks open and unquilted; Mom plans to add antique shirt buttons to the Bull's Eye centers. I hope she'll be happy with the results, it's been a joy to have it here. It's a classic beauty.
Life is Good!

11 comments:

jude's page said...

Your quilting looks great, and I love the colours of the quilt too.

Betsy Schneekloth said...

I made this quilt years ago. It was a fun one to make. Love your mom's quilt and your quilting is awesome.

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Wow! That is so amazing.

Janet O. said...

Your Mom made a great quilt and you did a lovely job on the quilting. I think the old buttons in the centers will be a delightful touch!

Sherrill said...

I made a bullseye quilt way back when and LOVE it!! Keep thinking I should make another (or two) for donation. Would be a great quilt to keep someone warm!!

cityquilter grace said...

pretty quilt and great quilting job....can't wait to see it with the buttons...

Paula, the quilter said...

I just love your quilting! I've found that the hardest thing for me is figuring out WHAT to quilt on the quilt.

Debbie Lou said...

Beautiful quilting. Love this quilt! So fun! Thanks for sharing?

Laura Chaney said...

Such beautiful colors in this quilt!

45th Parallel Quilter said...

Love this quilt. I have a similar one on my bucket list and just seeing this makes me want to move it to the top of that list! Linda

Ann said...

Life is full of strange coincidences! I searched for images of this quilt today because I had decided I was going to get my own bull's eye quilt basted this weekend and finish it before the end of the year. I wa.nted to find some examples of how other people had quilted it. Your's is beautiful. Love the bright colors!