01 November, 2015

And Suddenly...

...just like that, it's NOVEMBER! Wha-a-a-a-at? I know, right? Today I am busily trying to catch up on my Bible Study blocks, this one (the buggy block, left) is representative of my efforts to get myself back on track. The sewing machine has been gathering dust as the cookie adventure has accelerated. Stay tuned to see what's new in that arena for this week coming up , my plans are exciting!  In the meantime, I'm humming along in the sewing room... making up for lost time. Looking back, I did accomplish a lot this past month, but was woefully negligent about blog posting; sorry about that! A few weeks ago I had several items to machine embroider for the grandchildren only to learn that the security key which allows access to the software program (on my laptop) had become corrupt!?! Thank goodness, my LQS was super helpful in contacting Bernina for me and getting that key replaced, for a moderate fee, without my having to upgrade to the new version which would have been a considerable chunk of change! I'm perfectly happy with the older version (it takes one to know one!), since it was still available, and was able to complete the task to the happy delight of both Nana and the little ones. Whew, crisis averted!
October saw personalized aprons for Lucy Ann's art party...
... four special Halloween pillowcases for four precious grandchildren...
...four pumpkin placemats for our own dining table... (Framed Seasons pattern by QP Quilts & Co)
...Snowbird and I teamed up to quilt this black and white beauty for a friend...
...and last, but certainly not least, the ongoing upholstery project that Mr. Goodneedle and I are working on together. When we started this we asked ourselves "how hard could upholstery be?"; now we know, it's hard. But, we're nothing if we're not determined and tenacious. This project will be  completed!
 On Friday this past week we took the youngest grandchildren and visited a friend whose daughter's horse had welcomed a new little one only six days earlier!
It was a beautiful day to create a totem pole!
And, one last parting picture to bid adieu to October. Lynnleigh (with her minion jack o'lantern) last evening dressed as Milli from Team UmiZoomi. Have you ever seen anything cuter? I know I'm prejudiced, but really... have you? I didn't think so. Now, it's time to finish adjusting the clocks back an hour. Yes, suddenly it's November! Bring it on...
Life is Good!

9 comments:

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Wow! If that was not a busy month, I can't wait to see what you do this month. Your cookies were wonderful. Are there turkeys, and corn on the cobs in the future? Then of course there's Christmas. Love your placemats. And that black and white quilt is very nice. I've made two so far and am trying to stay away. I need more color in my quilting life.

Happy November to you!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Darling costumed grand- such fun fall photos. Love that black and white quilt, too. Thanks for catching us up!

cityquilter grace said...

wow, lots of sewing stuff done there mrs g. and adorable grandchildren, almost as cute as my girl at that age...LOL

MARCIE said...

Cute kids and cute Nana! Love you aprons and pillowcase too!

jirons42 said...

I have two wingback chairs that I got for free. I want to reupholster them. I hope I'm up to it. Your project gives me hope.

Janet O. said...

I agree--where did the rest of the year go?!?
You had a very productive October. Look at all of those fun projects! Good thing you have a nice LQS that helped you through a rough spot.
Oh, I admire your upholstery efforts. I have never done it myself, but have observed others in the process and have decided this is an area where I will not DIY. : )
Such fun photos with the little ones--you all make a great totem pole. But that last photo steals the show!

Tanya said...

You got so much done! The aprons are fantastic, and yes, your granddaughter is the cutest!

Laura Chaney said...

Mom took a class on upholstering at the Community College in Omaha many years ago, I think she even completed a few chairs. I was surprised at how hard it seemed to be, and how much time it took!!

Lindah said...

All of your grandchildren are so cute!
I enjoy each picture of them and compare the latest pose to the sidebar and just generally enjoy them.
You are blessed.