10 December, 2015

Intervention Needed!

We love the annual electronic advent calendars from Jacquie Lawson, we share them as dowloads with the grandchildren and get one for ourselves too. This year the theme is Victorian Christmas, there are lots of activities (things to create and decorate) that build on each previous day, creating a more Christmassy Main Street to revisit as time goes by and Christmas day draws closer. There are fun diversions as well: puzzles, books and games. My daughter-in-law shared this photo; Gregory and Lynnleigh enjoy their calendar each night before bed, she says that they LOVE it this year. Well, there's a certain obsessive attraction for me too: the ornamant breaking game! Ornaments apper in a large grid, clicking on three of the same color ornaments that appear in a row breaks them, allowing different ones to drop down into play. As the levels progress the speed picks up and bonus points appear for accumulation by breaking "special" ornaments. This morning I could not make it from the desk chair and laptop until I reigned victorious over this silly merciless game. Dishes to wash? Cards to address? Gifts to wrap? Trees to decorate? Nothing on my "to do" list could break the temptation to play or sway my competitive nature to beat the computer! I was definitely rendered powerless and in need of an intervention. Thank goodness this screen suddenly popped up. Whew! Now, I can get on with my day; tomorrow might just be another story!
Life is Good!

4 comments:

Janet O. said...

*LOL* I can so relate to this!
I was so glad when we got a computer upgrade a couple of years ago that a distracting game we had no longer worked on the new system. I have been game free on my computer ever since. Now the word games on my tablet are another story. : )

cityquilter grace said...

boy am i behind the times here...never seen an electronic advent calendar until now...and thanks for the warning, i'll stay away...

Quiltdivajulie said...

This is the first year in several that I have not had the JL advent calendar ..... Sounds like I missed a good one .

Sue said...

Catching up with your blog this morning and I am compelled to comment, something I rarely do. I too am addicted to the smashing ornaments game; I think the sound effects are the most satisfying part. And then the camellia! It made me so homesick for my
Tidewater, Virginia home where my mom's camellias always bloomed for Christmas. Alas, Maryland winters are not so friendly for one of my favorite plants. Have a wonderful holiday.