20 September, 2017

There's A Hex On Me!

Every time I turn around I find that the hexagons are mulitplying!  It's all good. Using two of my favorite tools: the Hex and More and Sidekick rulers, I find that the possibilities of creating new hexagonal designs are, quite possibly, limitless! These shapes are the subject of the current block-of-the-month at my LQS; our instructor (Quiltkeemosabe, see former post!) encourages us each month to explore many different variations using triangles, split triangles, diamonds and, this month, even larger diamonds! I have absolutely no idea how I will set these together, time will tell. I am leaving my options open until the end.

But, of course, I have chosen my setting fabrics already. I scored these beauties at the Pineapple warehouse sale last month. Why let current indecision stand in the way of some serious shopping? That would just be silly; and, in my own defense, I'm under the influence of that hex after all.😉
Life is Good!

5 comments:

LizA. said...

I own both these rulers -- I never realized just how many combinations you can do with them. I also have Katja Marek's Hexagon book. I think I need to look at all the hexagons from there that I've slowly been hand piecing for Glorious Hexagons and rethink them.....

Little Penpen said...

Wow! those hexies are amazing. I love all the bright colors!

Quiltdivajulie said...

You are making some wonderful hexes! And I am loving those background fabrics. FUN!

jude's page said...

I loved the workshop I did using the HexNMore ruler, and have just finished my quilt, yours looks amazing.

straythreads said...

Love the variety of hexes you give me ideas.