01 August, 2018

Bye-bye, Blue-- Hello, Indi!

Over the last few days there have been some big changes around here. I decided it was time to sell my little convertible, Blue, and trade for something a bit more spacious. I have absolutely loved this car, it has served me well for the past fourteen years. But, the time had come to think about a new car. I had my eyes and heart set on a car that I could drive on road trips with my buddies and our luggage, sewing machines and assorted baggage. I needed cargo space. We spent last weekend looking and test-driving. When I drove a Ford Edge, I knew right away that I had found exactly what I was looking for! A dear friend from church, who was aware of my trade-in plan, spoke up on Sunday afternoon to inform me that Blue had a buyer-- she wanted the car! Mr. Goodneedle shined her up and the deal was finalized on Monday evening. Blue is going to a great home; that makes the farewell so much sweeter.
Bye-bye, Blue! 
Hello, Indi!
We picked Indi up yesterday afternoon, in a frog-strangling downpour! My first time driving her was in much less than favorable conditions; but that didn't dampen my excitement one little bit! I love her. She fits the bill for space and comfort; there's some technology that will take some getting used to but I am an eager learner.  The one thing that I already know is that we will have many fun adventures together. Her name, "Indi" is short for Indigo. Welcome, home, Indi; where shall we go next?

Life is Good!

8 comments:

Janet O. said...

Blue is a sweet little ride, but I love having something that allows me to haul, friends, family, furniture, sewing machines--whatever.
You made a good choice! And it is fun that Blue went to a friend.

stitchinpenny said...

I did the switch to a mini suv when we had to start babysitting grandchildren and have never looked back. You will find so many good use for it.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Congratulations!! And how great that you know Blue has a good new owner.

jude's page said...

Looks great, but I can't help thinking you are sitting on the passenger side, and not the driving side! Just like it took me awhile to get used to walking around to the "correct" side of the bus we were travelling in up there where you live!!

cityquilter grace said...

used to be we needed car space when kids were little and their stuff took up the space...now the tables are turned and space is needed for quilty pals and stuff...lol...many happy miles mrs g!

sunny said...

I'm sure you'll miss Blue, but there will be many adventures to come with Indi!! Gotta be able to haul stuff to retreats and classes!! Have fun.

45th Parallel Quilter said...

I have the Honda CRV ... their version of the Edge. They are GREAT cars and you don't realize the comfort and storage available. Good for you. LOVE the smell of new cars, too. Enjoy learning all its features. I especially like the "hands free" phone capabilities PLUS great mileage. Congratulations!! Linda

45th Parallel Quilter said...

BTW ... I'm glad to know I'm not the only person who names her cars! This one is Ruby ... she's red and I purchased her on a Tuesday ... you know ... Ruby Tuesday ... LOL Linda