05 February, 2019

Too Quiet?

Have you missed me? I know that I entitled my last post "Keeping It Quiet", but you might have noticed that I have been very quiet over the last few weeks-- too quiet! The truth is that we have been gone, cruising the Pacific and enjoying the sunshine of the Hawaiian islands. Our flight back to the east coast was anything but quiet; flying from Los Angeles to Atlanta on Saturday was one rowdy airplane ride full of Rams fans on their way to the Super Bowl! 😲 This was one scenario that we never, ever would have even considered when booking our flight late last summer. Timing is everything. We did have a wonderfully relaxing time away, catching up on some reading and taking in some movies that we had wanted to see. I spent the afternoons on board the ship working on some hand embroidery which I will show here soon. As always, Dorothy knew best: it is great to be home again, there's no place like it!
I will certainly miss English teatime in the afternoons, though. 
My latest mission includes searching for the ultimate scone recipe!
😉
Life is Good!

6 comments:

LizA. said...

welcome home. I'm sure Hannes was glad to have you back. funny you should mention scones.....I just read this interesting article yesterday.... https://food52.com/blog/23686-easy-cream-scones-recipe-no-butter-big-little-recipes

Janet O. said...

What a delightful time you must have had!
And who would have thought about such a thing as a flight home loaded with rowdy Superbowl fans?!? Hey, it is a good story for future telling. :)

Anonymous said...

I am in Australia, so ingredients may differ slightly, but this is my go to, never fail scone recipe.
Sweet Scones: 1 cup of lemonade, 1 cup of pouring cream, mix together in a large jug.

In a mixing bowl, sieve 3 cups of self raising flour plus 1 teaspoon of baking powder, add the cream and lemonade mixture to the flour, mix to incorporate, tip out onto baking paper or silicone mat, flatten gently with hands, cut into shapes or use scone cutter, bake at 400deg Fahrenheit until nicely browned and risen. (The closer the scones huddle up to each other, the higher they rise)

Plain scones, use plain soda water instead of lemonade.

Can add fruit, and they are really nice made with Ginger beer instead of soda, and chopped ginger added. (Do not use diet soft drink in this recipe)

Don't think you can get Self Raising Flour in the USA, but whatever raising you use in flour, just add an extra half to one teaspoon. Hope you enjoy.

cityquilter grace said...

i surmised you were traveling again and lovely destination indeed...oh yes, scones, jam and clotted cream...oh my! keep us posted when you find that recipe...have an inkling it will be laden with butter and cream!

Debbie B said...

Sounds like you had a lovely get away. Nice! I made a lovely blueberry scone recipe on the morning of William and Kate's wedding. (My husband is British, so...) I shared it with some neighbors with some clotted cream and jam and it was a big hit. I need to find that recipe. Thanks for the memory.

Carolyn said...

I flew home out of Atlanta airport on Monday. Lots and lots of people, but not rowdy. Welcome home.