07 April, 2008

Let The Bidding Begin

It's done! The collaborative effort by Nancy, who blogs near Philadelphia, and me. This wallhanging will be auctioned off at the gala premier opening of our church sponsored Arts Festival on Friday evening with the proceeds going to our charity reserve fund. Hopefully, these five dancing ladies will go a long way to assisting those who need financial help with utility bills or food for their families. I've had the top done for quite awhile but the quilting and binding were prompted by a bold red-circled deadline (yesterday) staring me in the face. Nothing like the "last minute" to spur a little action around here! "Psalm 30:11" ~ 29.5" x 30"

Life is Good!


19. Listen to a tape while driving that can help
improve your quality of life.




5 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

I love it! Really nice -- the dancers are so graceful, and the border is perfect -- the squares in the corner set it off really well. I hope you raise a lot of money with it! How big is the quilt?

*karendianne. said...

Wow! This is quite an attraction! You are certain to generate a lot of activity with this.

I'm so impressed. That quilting is amazing, too!!!

And the inner border is so neat with the wording!

Just Amazing!

Salem Stitcher said...

It really turned out lovely! Can anyone show up to the auction Friday night? I may actually be in town!

Barb said...

Beautiful wall quilt and the dancers are so very graceful it makes me feel that I can hear their music! My DGD is a dancer in her seventh year of dancing and I so love everything about this! The wording and the colors are just lovely!

meggie said...

I love those dancing figures! Very nice finished effect.