08 December, 2010

Holding Each Other Up...

... in prayer! Thanks to one and all for praying on Paula's behalf. I had a message from her husband following yesterday's surgery; the prognosis isn't what they had hoped for. Her cancer is aggressive and continued prayers are requested as she begins radiation and chemotherapy treatments, as soon as she is strong enough. Thank you, when there are updates I will post them.

You may recall praying for baby Mary Ann back in October. I am happy to report that she has left the hospital and gone home to live with her Mommy and Daddy! She is one determined little lady and defied all the odds. Thanks be to God; we know what wondrous miracles He can accomplish! In the meantime, we can do marvelous things too; we can hold each other up... in prayer!

..."With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith. We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ"... -2 Thessalonians 1:11-12

Life is Good!


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with Paula. Through God, all things are possible, I will certainly pray for Paula and her family! Hugs!

Kimberly Mason said...

Amen. And more prayers for Paula ...

lindsey said...

Will continue to pray for Paula. And how cute is Gregory?!!!

Michele Bilyeu said...

Sometimes,miracles are that the people were in our life and how much they gave to us during that time. It has been the hardest lesson for me about the nature of prayer and miracles. Dee McDonald of Thea Quilts just lost her husband after four solid months of hospitalization. It happens and its so heartbreaking. We can only continue to pray for all that is needed during this time for Paula and for her loved ones.

Aliene said...

Will continue to pray for Paula. And her family. Glad little Mary Ann
is doing much better.

Karen said...

I will continue to pray for Paula. I wish they had gotten better news after the surgery, but we never know, chemo and radiation may be just the thing she needs to give her a longer life. Having cancer is very frightening, but I'm living proof that it can be beaten. I know many people are not that lucky but we must not give up hope.

I'm happy that baby Mary Ann is home with her parents!

Karen

Pat said...

We stopped in a lovely monastary in Ettal when we were in Germany last week. I lit a candle for Paula, praying for healing, strength and peace. When we were in Frankfort, I lit another in a beautiful church that had been rebuilt after the bombings. I will continue to pray for her here at home.