24 October, 2011

St. John, NB to Digby, NS

Our first overnight stop after leaving the country was in St. John, New Brunswick. We were up bright and early the next morning for a visit to the renowned Reversing Falls.

We didn't actually witness any dramatic tide reversal there (our timing was a bit off) but did notice seals bobbing their heads above the water's surface from time to time.

This was the first of many Tim Horton's restaurants we visited. These coffee/donut shops are absolutely prolific and provided timely warm-up/snack stops! We came to know and love them.

A photo from the ferry deck transporting us across the Bay of Fundy
from St. John, NB to Digby, NS. The passage took three hours.

Welcome to Digby, Nova Scotia...
Yum.


Life is Good!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Three Birds Inspired said...

Seeing Nova Scotia is on my bucket list. Lucky you actually went!

Ancestor Collector said...

Pluses: Beautiful scenery, it's still a good hair day, you and Mr. G. look wonderful! Minuses: the looks that three of those guys in Tim Horton's are giving you! hehehe!

Quilter Kathy said...

This post makes my heart go pitty-pat and I feel homesick. Isn't it beautiful?!? My home was a mile to the left of the ferry landing!

Nane said...

Tim Horton's are in some of our Northern states...we brought some coffee back to his Dad from one. If I remeber right, good cake doughnuts...but you still can't hold a candle to a warm Krispy Kreme when it comes to the glazed.

Janet O. said...

I'd never heard of the reversing falls. Interesting. Looks like beautiful country.

quiltmom anna said...

I do live in a beautiful country. Nova Scotia was the home province of my husband's parents. Our son is currently living in PEI, not far from where you visited.
As for Tim's- they make a delicious blueberry fritter and a reasonable cup of Chai Tea. My folks love Tim's and I buy lots of Tim's cards for them as gifts.
Bruce had an aunt who lived in Riverport- not far from Lunenberg. I remember having fresh scallops and cream on toast.
Happy Travels,
Anna