19 April, 2014

Bye-bye, Sundance!

Sundance has left the building; not to worry, it's all good! There are changes afoot at The Strawberry Patch, stay tuned for further updates. Sundance has served me faithfully and well for the last six years; I had the unique opportunity to sell her, locally, to a phenomenal sit-down quilter who is ready to take to her feet and expand her own quilting horizons, I am so happy for Laura. I hope Sundance is enjoying the rest today, even though disassambled, she won't be collecting one bit of dust at her new home... she'll be busier than ever!

 I've been busily preparing graduation quilts for tying by the Quilt Ministry. Working in small batches, four were ready this past week. My part of readying them is to cut the fleece backs to size, embroider the church logo onto the backing and then layer them with the batting. I stitch through all three layers (envelope style) before turning them right side out and top-stitching the edges all around. There's a lot of crawling around on the floor during these various stages, I like to think of this as my new daily work-out. Whew! We did some recent calculations and figured that, counting this year, we've sewn up eighty of these quilts to present to our congregation's high school graduates; we began with the class of 2009, what a meaningful tradition this has become!

I'm happy today... as happy as if I had just opened a case full
 of "Christmas Morning"!  Oh wait, that's exactly what I did...
Life is Good!



6 comments:

Janet O. said...

Did I miss something? Is Sundance being replaced?
What a nice thing your group does for the congregation's graduates!

LizA. said...

Sounds like Sundance will have a nice new home --- but I'm really curious what the replacement will be.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Oh, how did I know that was one of your favorite teas! It is second only to Super Irish Breakfast here . . .

:-)

KaHolly said...

Can't wait to see what you are replacing Sundance with!! Your congregation's graduates are so blessed. Happy Easter!!

Gail said...

Hi Debbie,
I've been out of touch with reading blogs. Had to replace laptop recently. So surprised to see Sundance go! Hope all is well.

BTW- Happy Easter! I think we are finally getting some spring here in NH.

Hugs,
Gail

Tanya said...

WHATT!!!! Sundance has moved? Let's see... Does that mean you are no longer machine quilting... or maybe you are planning to machine quilt with a bit more technology? Keep us posted!