18 April, 2014

In Case You Were Wondering...

...where I have been I can reasssure you that I haven't been abducted by aliens, I have not been sequestered in a jury room nor have I evaporated into thin air; I've been focused like a laser beam on getting those fourteen highschool graduation quilts ready. Thanks to a concerted effort I'm seeing great results on that front. In between there's been lots of day-to-day activities: grandchildren, errands, cooking and housekeeping... you know how it goes; all those time-devouring tasks that eat up the hours, one after another, and leave us scratching our heads and looking back, wondering where the days have gone.

After a few false starts and missteps I have finally settled on a plan for the next border round on "Destination: Unknown", this time the element challenge is "square in a square" and the color requirement is purple. I have the top border in place and am deliberating on rather I will just do top and bottom this time or surround the entire quilt. I need to confirm my intentions SOON as our next meeting is in one week.
"Destination: Unknown"

Gregory and Lynnleigh were here on this week, Gregory begged to watch the movie "Boat Haven". I honestly didn't know what he was talking about at first. "Yes you do, Nana" he insisted, "it's the one with the big dog, his name is Boat Haven.... you know."  

Oh, yeah... of course I do!
Life is Good!

7 comments:

Elita@Busy Needle Quilting said...

Oh, your grands do make me laugh! Destination Unknown is coming along nicely!

cityquilter grace said...

so cute....just saw billy crystal on the today show and his 4 yr old grandson said he wanted to grow up and be a chameleon like his grandfather....LOL

Little Penpen said...

ONLY 14 graduation quilts??? LOL I'm working on one and feeling the pressure!! Destination Unknown is a happy looking piece; can't wait to see where it goes!

Janet O. said...

*LOL* That is SO cute about Gregory and Boat Haven! Love it!
Purple fit in very nicely to this quilt. I think you have done an amazing job of making this whole thing appear as though you have known the end from the beginning all along!

Unknown said...

14???!

LizA. said...

Hhmm, I like all the extra white space with this border -- it gives the eye a place to rest, a calmer area.

Boat Haven -- love it! Next he will be wanting a big, slobbery dog like that. 101 Dalmatians was the first movie I saw in a theater as a kid and I,m on Dalmatian #3.....

Hope you are nearing the end of the HS quilts. I know how much they are appreciated.

Jean said...

Sooo cute... Boat Haven that sounds like my grandson... always something fun. That is a lot of quilts since 2009. Must be a lot of kids at your church. So sweet of you and your quilt committee to make them. I too am sure they are very appreciated.
Hope that your Easter was wonderful.