17 March, 2015

Coming Into Her Own

We had our two youngest grandchildren stay with us this past weekend. Gregory is four now and Lynnleigh is two, she is really coming into her own; showing a strong independent and capable streak, I'll bet I heard her happily exclaim "I did it" at least dozen times over two days.  On Saturday morning we took them to SciWorks; there were plenty of hands-on activities inside to keep them occupied there on a rainy day. Gregory was determined to create a path for a little ball to roll down by inserting paddles into a foam wall. As fast as he could place them Lynnleigh would remove them; I couldn't help but laugh.
She is as equally determined as her big brother; she kept us on our toes. I was able to distract her so that Gregory could complete his "runway". We learned that Lynnleigh has definite preferences; she likes "ice pream" (obvious translation) and dislikes "obamas" (pajamas), or maybe it's just bedtime that she isn't wild about. 
Finally... success!
Life is Good!

5 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

precious memories....life IS good indeed

Quiltdivajulie said...

I like ice pream, too.

SO glad you have these wonderful moments to enjoy.

Janet O. said...

Sounds like the day will come when you won't want to stand in her way!
Got a giggle from her name for pajamas. : )

Paula, the quilter said...

I love the way children pronounce things. My son called his favorite snacks "pupcakes". *smile*

phyzz said...

Lucky PawPaw and Nana! I'm hanging on every word and picture of these precious two!
Thank you for posting!