"Jackstones" ~ 63" X 73.5"
Jackstones has finally, officially, made it to the "flimsy" stage. Hooray!
Begun a year ago and promptly back-burnered, it was inspired by this magazine cover from 2013
and this tutorial (pictured below) from the same quiltmaker.
My version, however, is not paper pieced. My wedges are a bit slimmer, I used a 9 degree wedge ruler and, constructing my own template*, stacked my square background pieces and cut them after marking the cutting line, as illustrated below.
I cut the background squares 6.5" and, after inserting the wedges and the subsequent trim down, (below) ended up with blocks cut at 5.75"; sort of a weird size, but it was all an experiment; one that I loved so much that I simply kept going with it as it was!
It hardly made a dent in my low volume stash and, as usual, have been putting together something else as I pieced this one. I have lots to report, stay tuned. In the meantime I am dreaming of how I will quilt up Jackstones to fully show off the pieced alternate border solid color to its advantage.
*If anyone is interested in a printout of the (albeit sketchy) directions including the template I created, let me know and I will email you a copy.
Life is Good!