20 April, 2017

Piping To The Tunes

We had a chance to attend another Home Free concert on Tuesday evening, this time they were performing in Greensboro and it was a short drive over there to grab a quick dinner and then sit back and enjoy the extraordinary vocal talents of this group. If you've been a reader for a while you already know how much I love this a cappela group. Mr. Goodneedle and I have been following them since they won NBC's The Sing Off in 2013. Have a listen using the link here.  The group has changed, slightly, since the last time we heard them live. There is a new band member, Adam Chance (far left), who replaced one of the founding members, Chris Rupp. There was, absolutely, no change in the sound however. Their rendition of How Great Thou Art (click) to close out the show was so incredibly beautiful I felt a tiny tear escape before I could choke it back.
We had awesome seats this time. See me? You don't? I am waving both arms!!😉
This morning I cranked up the music good and loud in the kitchen and sang along to some of the same songs performed on Tuesday evening. I piped while I sang, icing up a bouquet of spring tulips. I am eager to improve my cookie decorating skills and, naturally, there's only one way to do that. Practice, practice, practice. I have been adjusting the cookie recipe too, this one has a lemon essence, it's yummy. How many other hobbies allow one to eat their mistakes? 😋  So, practice I shall!
Life is Good!

4 comments:

Janet O. said...

Oh, my goodness, you got to see them again! How wonderful! I just fell in a black hole when I clicked the link to see the video. I couldn't stop from watching the next one, and then the next one, and then... well, you know. : )
I think your cookies look amazing!!

Sherrill said...

I have never figured out how you professionals (!) get the icing THAT close to the edge without getting all sloppy and uneven. It is PERFECT!

julieQ said...

Your cookies are always so yummy looking!!! I am glad you got to go to a lovely concert...kind of fills the soul a little bit!

jude's page said...

Those biscuits look too good to eat!