29 March, 2019

This Little Light...

... o' mine, I'm gonna let it shine!  This might be one of the brightest purchases I've made in a while. It's a Vivilux lamp, I bought it at MidAtlantic Quilt Festival last month. This is the desk lamp version, there's also a clamp-on and a stick-on that you can attach in the throat of your sewing machine. The beauty of these is that they're rechargeable; so, they can be used virtually anywhere; cord-free. There are three levels of illumination. I tried it out right away in the hotel room where we stayed; I fell in love with it immediately.If I were going to critique anything at all about it I would say that it is maybe just a little bit too lightweight. The gooseneck is uber-flexible and if you pull it down too low it has a tendency to tip forward on its nose. I remedied that situation when I returned home by sliding a sand-filled strawberry emery down the shaft and positioning it just behind the lamp base. That counter weight adds just enough ballast to stabilize the unit (and it's cute!🍓).
I can even pull the light straight through the throat of the machine and shine it directly on the needle while stitching. Look for these, the beauty is three-fold: the design, the ability to place the perfect degree of light exactly where it's needed and the portability. I can already tell you that this little light o' mine will be shinin' here, there and everywhere!

Life is Good!

3 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Surprise! I have one of these - and yes, it is very flexible and adaptable.

Janet O. said...

Looks like a very useful light, and you are so clever in your solution to the tipping problem.

Dee W said...

Emboiderer's Guild of America has told the participants of their seminars that the hotels will no longer let them have multiple power strips for plugging in stitching lights. Looks like this may be an option for people who bring their own lights. (and just for the record, the verify you are not a robot now takes away the picture you just clicked, puts in another, it's so horrid. I had to click about 12 times before it accepted I wasn't a robot.)