26 April, 2017

Hexed! (And A Winner!)

I have been hexed; yes, it's true, the textbook definition is as follows: to put a hex (a spell, especially an evil spell) on. The current Block-of-the-Month at my LQS has just begun, this session's theme is "Happy Hexagons". I simply cannot stop! The only explanation for this obsessive behavior must be a hex, although I certainly wouldn't call it evil, I am having too much fun. Armed with a well-stocked stash of novelties and a bin filled with strips for framing, there's no telling when this merriment will wind down. I do have an end in mind: a child's quilt, time will tell just how big this becomes. I need to find just the right setting. I have a winner* from last week's pattern giveaway: it is Susan C! Susan writes: "I love making zippered bags and use them quite often. As I'm on a quilt retreat now my organizational tip is to kit up your projects and put them in their own plastic box along with the instructions, thread and special notions that may be needed. Having everything ready like that makes for more productivity!"  Thank you, Susan, and for everyone who left a comment with an organizational tip, they were all great! Susan's pattern will go out in the mail today.
Life is Good!

*Winner was selected using Random Number generator, the number 12 was selected from a field of 1-16.

6 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Your hexies look just fabulous.

Janet O. said...

This has got to be one of the cutest things I have seen made from hexies. I love the "I spy" centers! Someone had their thinking cap on when they designed this! : )
I have to admit that the hexie bug has never bitten me. I love the look, but have not enjoyed the process, and I have done plenty of them. I admire those of you that actually finish projects made from them. I have two hexie projects, each one is well over half finished--and there they sit.

julieQ said...

Very cute hexagons!! I had a lovely friend who got me "hooked on hexagons"...super fun!

jude's page said...

They look great, are you using the HexnMOre ruler, or are they hand pieced?

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love your hexie project!! How large are the hexies and are you machine sewing the border around them? I'd love a tutorial on how you are making them. I've made several I Spy hexie quilts, hand stitching the hexes together with triangles. It would be great to use up the hundreds more hexies I have cut.

Maria said...

what beautiful hexies..