18 June, 2018

Cart Before The Horse?

This is the first of twelve blocks-of-the-month that we will be doing at my LQS. Having just set all of those hexies together from the last BOM session it's all about moving forward. This time we're exploring blocks using Deb Tucker's Tucker Trimmer. If you've been a long-time reader you know that yours truly is a huge fan of everything Deb Tucker does and all of the Studio 180 tools. (The Tucker Trimmer is the original tool.)  I chose the turquoise print, on the outside of this block, as my control fabric. Each block will contain that print with low-volume backgrounds that will change, block to block. I am staying with a monochromatic color scheme and already went ahead and designed my setting in EQ8.  The Split-Rects borders on each block will alternate light/dark to add some interest and some movement. Is this a case of putting the cart before the horse? Maybe; after all, I have no idea what the blocks will be. But, I grabbed the reins anyway. We'll see where this goes, right now I am happy with the idea. (The pieced blocks inside the setting borders measure 12" square.)
Life is Good!

5 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

That's an ambitious layout - but I have NO doubt you'll make it spectacularly! A little advance planning NEVER hurts (grin).

cityquilter grace said...

very nice mrs g....love how this looks already...turquoise is one of my fave colors!

Janet O. said...

I think that setting should unify your sampler blocks very nicely!

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

This is going to be fun to follow!

KaHolly said...

So ambitious! It going to be gorgeous, I can already tell!