11 July, 2018

In A Corner No More


 A very smart friend once told me that we will never finish that quilt that we're not working on. She is exactly right; we might be able to visualize it finished, or wish that it were, but all the visualizing, wishing, hoping and dreaming won't make it so! I am guilty of all of the above. This sampler quilt that is currently on the frame (and has been for eons!) has responded well to some focused attention. I have worked myself all the way down to the outer border and will remove it from the rails this afternoon to turn it. Only two more borders left!  Stay tuned for this one's glamour shots to be shared shortly.

And then there is this one. "Bless This House", an album quilt begun over five years ago and posted about here. I have nine of the albums blocks done and am ready to begin the top panel. I had painted myself in a corner by machine appliqueeing the year onto this center block. Anything done can be undone; right? I painstakingly unstitched the incriminating year of my blatant procrastination and updated the block today. Time to get busy, and there's no time like the present. I need to be a little bit more strict when holding myself accountable! Yes, I am working on my quilts, it seems to be the only way to get them finished; at least that's what I've been told!

Life is Good!

6 comments:

LizA. said...

Good for you. Me, I’ve got a couple long term projects that never seem to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Perhaps it would help if I was constantly distracted by “Squirrel”.......

Janet O. said...

Such wisdom here today. :)
The quilting on the sampler looks very nice.
I got a chuckle out of your repair on the year. I would have been lazy and left it, saying that was the date when it was begun.

Quilting Babcia said...

2013 - 2018, looks like an easy fix, but I'll wager it was fairly time consuming. I think we all have quilts in this category, for one reason or another we've just lost interest or are stymied by some part yet to be completed. My Quilty 365 sits within a foot of my computer desk daring me to work on it every.single.day. And I'd really rather do that than pay bills, file interminable paperwork, etc. Sigh. Will look forward to seeing your two finishes. They're looking wonderful from here.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Congratulations on that five year leap! And I agree - they only get done if we work on them. Although dreaming about the finish is a great way to pass the time.

julieQ said...

Gorgeous feathers and it is altogether one of my favorites of yours! LOL! Yes...it is hard to make progress when we are not working on things!

Linda in NC said...

I am catching up on a summer's worth of blog-reading, and spotted your report on your Blessings quilt. I'd thought of it recently and wondered if you'd finished it and I just missed the celebration. My Blessings kit is still in pristine condition! I'm looking forward to seeing yours completed (soon)!

Good luck with the teeny tiny rubberbands!