09 August, 2019

Under The Needle

It's been a whiz-bang, speedy summer so far.  My decision to make this season the one of "finishing up projects started" may just have to become the year of that; and that's okay! I have Hexie Garden on the rails currently, Snowbird  and I are having fun quilting it up, I am using a new (to me) pantograph called "Diamonds Are Forever" by Urban Elementz and I really am quite pleased with the effect. I took this photo before the sun came up this morning with only the light from the machine to show up the quilting; in the daylight it's quite subtle. 
This Charming Nine is small, it's just a flimsy measuring 25" X 28". It is, as the name implies, simply a nine patch sewn from two charm packs. Joined block to block like this gives it an antique look. I stitched it up (or, rather, finished stitching it up-- who knows how long ago it was begun!!) leader-ender style along with the in-progress scrappy tumbler below.  It will become a table-topper.
Three more rows to go on this tumbler and it will replace the one that I have either misplaced or lost somewhere along the line this summer! Stitching this together while working on other things makes it grow almost magically!
And last, but not least; another tea wallet for gift-giving. 
And sew it goes-- what's under YOUR needle these days?

Life is Good! 

7 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

That tea wallet is marvelous! And I am all about finishing this year, too ...

Needled Mom said...

Isn't it a great feeling to finish up some of those projects? I love that little nine patch quilt.

Janet O. said...

That is a great panto for your hexie garden.
The 9-patch just sings to me. Love it. And a humble tumbler has always been a favorite. Yours looks really good. Makes me want to make another.
The tea wallet is an adorable little thing and a great gift idea.

AnnieO said...

Lovely variety of fabric and color play :) Enjoy!

Teresa said...

I just love traditional scrappy quilts. Your nine patch and tumbler are lovely. The one being quilted is another beauty.

cityquilter grace said...

fantastic progress mrs g! you go girl!

jude's page said...

They all look great, well done, love your tumbler, and now want to cut one of my own, with the Go cutter shape that I have.