17 August, 2010

Spare Me

I just learned about this newest fashion trend: "jeggings"! (Don't they look comfy?) The perfect combination-- half jeans, half leggings; what could be better? In a word: anything. Through the years of trendy clothes I have managed to avoid stirrup pants and wind suits, cargo pockets and lingerie tops as day wear; this ridiculous item of clothing (right up there with pajama-jeans!) won't be hard for me to miss either. This write-up caused me to laugh out loud: "This sleek combination of jeans and leggings from Hudson is effortlessly cool. A long tee, leather jacket and platform sandals add downtown chic."For those of you who are disappointed and thought I was more fashion forward than this I suppose I could be convinced to wear these with a patchwork quilted vest in place of the leather jacket and Merrells instead of platform sandals! What do you think?

Life is Good!

13 comments:

JulieF1962 said...

I wonder how long it takes to put those on.

Trudi said...

My daughter loves them! But then she is only 13, 5' 6" tall and stick thin and they do look good on her! Not in my wardrobe - ever! LOL

Loris said...

Didn't we already do these jeans in the past? Can't remember but it seems like it.
Love the Merrill link by the way...those are my kind of shoes!

Paula, the quilter said...

Bwaaa haa haa! Let's see... wasn't it in the 80's that there was something similar? I don't think I could do that fashion statement.

Pat said...

There was a time, many many moons ago (no pun intended), that I would have loved these and looked wonderful in them. Now, of course, not only would I look ridiculous, but evey single lump and dimple of cellulite would be apparent, along with the pudge along the sides of my knees and the lines from my granny panties. And how in the name of heaven to you get the darned things pulled down in time when your really really really have to go? I'll stick with my bell bottoms and Nehru jackets (just kidding).

I have a good life said...

I agree. They look so funny to me and I have only met a few people that wear them well. Fashion is a funny thing! :)

Toni said...

Ok, even if I was 21 and skinny, these still look darn ugly to me!?! Just give me a nice pair of jeans that goes over my hips (not on top of them) and a nice simple tshirt. I'm really easy! :)

Ms. Jan said...

You made me laugh out loud, because that was pretty much my reaction. Good on any figure? I don't think so! Another year to avoid the clothing stores and go back to my old favorite jeans. =)

Pam said...

Oh my goodness I remember stirrup pants -- I had a pair or two!! I think I will manage just nicely without "jeggings" I don't think I would look like that if I put them on!! LOL

AnnieO said...

Very stupid name for skinny jeans. Not sure who they are marketing to, LOL! Though I often see women and teens who should NOT wear skinny jeans sporting them just the same. I'll skip this trend, thankyouverymuch.

Karen Newman Fridy said...

Jeggings?? More like Jigglings in my world! :P

No thanks! (but thanks for the laugh!)

Carrie P. said...

I just learned about these the other day too. They don't look comfortable to me at all. And I sure won't be wearing platforms with them either.

Tanya said...

I tried on my daughters and felt like I was being strangled. This is one fashion trend I will NOT adopt. (And the world looking at my hips will thank me for it.)