08 January, 2012

C'mon Along...

... on a Quilt Retreat weekend with me and my Bee buddies! There was much sewing, laughter, sewing, eating, sewing and planning (for future retreats where we'll gather to do it all over again!) that happened. Beautiful quilt tops were born, friendships were strengthened and souls and spirits were nourished by the sights and sounds (or lack thereof) of God's natural surroundings. For me, this retreat was quite a bit different than the way I normally approach a weekend sewing marathon. I didn't take a machine but focused my sewing efforts instead on hand applique and in my down time slept in a little longer; it was divine!

C'mon along...


The building where we worked and the dorm (behind) where we slept.
An incredible bit of workmanship by Salem Stitcher!
Bonnie, hard at work, as always!
A Bee-hive of activity...
Piecing and embellishing...
Quiltkeemosabe hiding behind her fantastic top of whirling, twirling, striped stars.
These were just a few highlights. 
Bonnie has posted more over at Quiltville... here and here.
This is what happens when friends, fun and fabric combine.

Life is Good!  

12 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

Ahh so jealous!!! Looks like a good time was had by all.

I like your idea of doing hand work and taking it a little slower. I always come home exhausted from a retreat! I'm headed off to our favorite retreat at Red Rooster in Alabama in a few weeks, and I may plan one day (probably the last day) for just hand work and winding down. Thanks for the idea!

Elisa Black said...

Looks like a wonderful retreat!! What a great idea NOT to take your sewing machine-- must have been a whole new perspective and a whole different pace. Love everyone's creations/progress (but didn't see yours-- another post maybe?)

Janet O. said...

Oh, all of you retreating ladies look like you had such a good time. I want to make something like this happen in my area!

Pat said...

There is nothing like a retreat to boost your spirits and get you juiced. FABULOUS quilts!!~

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I'm so jealous. What I wouldn't give for a weekend away to just sew! The guild I belong to has a retreat, but the guild is just so large that even though I've been a member for almost 2 years, I just haven't "clicked" yet. :-(

JudyCinNC said...

Sure seems like a fun time was had by all - just look at the happy group of ladies. For some reason hand work sometimes is the only way to accomplish and settle oneself at the same time. I always enjoy my down time. Glad you had a good retreat. Judy C

Michele Bilyeu said...

How fun! Love these group beetogether posts so much! Gald to see Bonnie's ponderings led to her joining in..all the more photos of your fun! Great way to start the new year off with a blast!

Nane said...

I might be more stressed dealing with all those little hand applique pieces! Carrying my machine back and forth to the car was the only exercise I got all weekend ;)

Karen Newman Fridy said...

I love our group photo!! Thanks for being our official photograper...you're right, we'll love having this to look back at for years to come.

It was a blast!! :)

OhQuilter said...

The group picture not only makes me smile it even makes me laugh out loud because I know how much fun you all had on your retreat! You are a unique group of ladies. Miss you and see you soon!

Run Quilt Knit Write said...

That sounds like a great weekend!!

Tanya said...

That Salem Stitcher's quilt is an eye catcher! Just beautiful! I love Keemosabe's too!