15 September, 2012

Curious

I am curious. I found these blocks stacked neatly in the closet, they're from a block of the month class that I attended in 2007. I'm not surprised to have found them, I knew they were there. There are twelve of them, a years' worth, or so I thought! Here's the curious part: how in the world did I (would I?) make two of the exact same block? (Row 2 block A, Row 4 block C). The twelfth block kit, and pattern was folded up neatly with the blocks. I just don't get it... I can't be expected to remember what I did (or didn't do) five long years ago. I have enough trouble remembering what I did five days, or hours or minutes ago sometimes! I'm curious too as to why I purchased one and a half yards of  the very pretty stripe (used in the Row 2, B block), what was I going to do with that amount?  Okay... so here's my new plan: (I'm committing this to print so I can refer to it later) I'll make the twelfth block as prescribed, I'll put the spare pink/purple block on the back or in my Orphan Blocks box. I have a few ideas as to how I'll proceed with this one; how would you sash and or set this one, what would you do if these blocks were yours? I'm just curious! Curiosity may have killed the cat but satisfaction brought her back... "Satisfaction Stars"!
Life is Good!

15 comments:

julieQ said...

What pretty colors in your blocks!! Funny what a little time will do....some projects I just have no recollection of whatsoever!!

KaHolly said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one!! They are beautiful and worth finishing!!

Patricia said...

The spare block would be the perfect label. The stripe would be a great inner border and then a bias binding. That's how my brain works. I've been greatly enjoying your blog for a few years now, just don't comment much.

Unknown said...

I would sash them with white to make them float and look less busy. I'd use the stripe for the binding. Love the colors. It would make a cute little girl quilt that you'll be needing soon!

regan said...

I think I would triple sash with white/pink/white so they all have a bit of separation. Mini star in the corners stones, and then use that extra yardage strip as the binding. How big did you want it?

JudyCinNC said...

White sashing will make the blocks float and I would do do a three fabric sashing - white, stripe, white - and definitely also use the stripe for binding. What a standout these colors are. Judy C

Amy said...

What a bright splash of color! I'd consider using the stripe as sashing around the blocks, with another bright fabric as cornerstones. Then I'd audition for a border (hopefully in your new organized closet), and bind it with the remainder of the stripe, as straight of grain binding.

lindsey said...

I agree with Sheddy, go for white and that will really show up the lovely colours. To be truthful I looked and looked for the two blocks the same and didn't find them till I ready where they were...that's worrying :)

Pat said...

What pretty colors! Might there be a little girl, or perhaps a babhy, who might like those colors?? Just asking.

Little Penpen said...

I love those colors and I love the 'mystery' behind these blocks. :)) Can't wait to see how you finish it up!

Gwen said...

I vote for white sashing and either stripe cornerstones or cornerstones of that really dark blue, if you have enough and definitely the stripe for the binding. By the way, I'm the one who brought the purple quilt in to Ami's class at Mid-Atlantic. As you can see, I finally figured out how to comment on blogs. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks!

Nane said...

These are the blocks I used in the circle of 9'a quilt. I donated the other 3 block kits. Good for you for remaking the missing block. I like the idea of white sashing too

AnnieO said...

One of my favorite cat sayings :)

Maybe you didn't like the first one's middle flower so you tried again? It sure pays to make notes--hope you decide what the original plan was!

Salem Stitcher said...

It's a mystery quilt! Don't you just love when you leave yourself no clues? Whatever you do, it will be stellar!

Sharon said...

Might have been that they were supposed to be set on point? I just finished a quilt along that had 13 blocks and they were to be set on point. They are lovely either way!