28 September, 2014

A Great Tip!

I've shared here before what I consider to be the magic method of glue basting for attaching binding before stitching it down. This method is near genius to get a smooth, straight binding without any pins to navigate while stitching your quilt's binding into position. Just when I thought things couldn't get any better I received this replacement glue bottle tip; this is a MUST HAVE if you're already using this method. If you're not... what are you waiting for? The tip can be found here, actually there are two to a pack; one to keep and one to share with a quilting friend, they'll thank you over and over (or keep them both and you'll always be prepared). The pre-pierced tip delivers a fine, precise bead of glue exactly where you want it... every time. Simply remove it, wash it under warm water and it will be clean and ready to use again next time.  There you go...  a GREAT TIP. You're welcome.
Life is Good!

7 comments:

Pat said...

Glue basting is something I have wanted to try, but have never had the gumption - I have visions of glue all over my quilt top. This might be the gadget that will get me to try it . Lord knows I love gadgets. I have had some success with pressing my bindings over. Yes, I know that the QP want nice, softly rolled bindings, but I am never giving my quilts to one of them, so I press on! Thanks for the tip (no pun intended)!

NanaNor's said...

Hi, Although I've heard of glue basting when doing applique, I've never seen it used for binding. This is interesting and once you've mastered it, I'm sure you'll never go back.
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Noreen

barbara woods said...

thank for the tip going to try it

Unknown said...

Great tip! Thanks for sharing

Janet O. said...

I'm still trying to gather my courage to try the glue. I know, I am a wimp! : )

JudyCinNC said...

Question - I am getting ready to hand applique and was wondering if using the glue to hold the pieces down would work and if it would show if you were not going to wash the item. Love the idea of the working tip and clear glue because I love anything that makes quilting easier. Judy C

Pat said...

I placed an order for these tips as soon as I read your blog. I can't say much for this web store's service -- 9 days later & it looks like my payment was processed the same day but my tips have yet to be shipped. I'm ready to glue baste some prairie points on my soon-to-arrive new grand baby's quilt, and I'm waiting, and I'm waiting, and I'm waiting...... If others are hoping to order these, be aware that they may take a long time to arrive.