23 February, 2015

Resurrection Spray?

I never gave a lot of thought to what a four year old might think the purpose of an exterminator would be; I just assumed that Gregory understood they kept one's home free of bugs by the obvious method. Apparently he thinks that the bug man, by use of his magic spray, is able to perform the complete opposite!

Gregory spent the night with us on Saturday; when he came out of the bedroom yesterday morning he tenderly cradled a dead lady bug in his softly closed fist. "Nana", he said "you need to call the bug man, I think this lady bug is dead and it needs the spray"!  He gave it to me and I placed it on the bathroom vanity, I didn't want to traumatize him by pitching it in the waste basket. I caught him examining it a short time later... "it's still dead" he said, "you need to call the bug man now".

The sweet innocence of his heart, one that believes in a world where life can be restored through a well-placed squirt, is enough to melt my own. 
Life is Good!

8 comments:

Janet O. said...

Oh, so tender!

lindsey said...

Oh goodness that's sweet. It's amazing how Thai HS we say and do can be completely misunderstood. Although I can't remember specifics I can remember many times when what I had said was misinterpreted by little ears :)

Unknown said...

Sweet:)

julieQ said...

OH I wish we had some of that spray!! Darling baby. We could use it in the CCU at the hospital!!

Karen said...

So sweet, wish we could always see things thru their eyes.

Unknown said...

So very sweet and innocent. You should send that story to Reader's Digest.

phyzz said...

Oh, such a sweet caring heart. So blessed to have him in our lives! Thank you for sharing this with us!

Laura Chaney said...

That is so absolutely precious!