04 August, 2020

Reading Wrap-Up and a Recipe

This is my list of books read for July. We're still thoroughly enjoying our D-E-A-R* time on the porch while we stay at home. Our daughter helped me to reinistate my library card while she was here this past weekend; I have picked up a book already from the local branch and have a hold placed for two more, when they become available. This past months' reads were all good ones, I'm new to Louise Penny and have A Fatal Grace, her next in line after this one, in the queue all ready for this month. What's currently on your reading list or, better yet, on your bedside table?
We enjoyed this recipe over the weekend during family appetizer time, it's a newly discovered one for me, but will be repeated again soon. It could easily be a meal in itself, (which may or may not have happened last night) it's even better reheated! I served ours with Triscuits and Pita Chips but any sturdy crackers would be equally great. Enjoy~

Life is Good!

*= Drop Everything And Read

6 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

oh i have seen that dip on the 'net and it looked good...pepperoni is off my list but if it weren't....lol! just finished john grisham's 'the guardians'....excellent book...and 'death on nantucket' by francine mathews...louise penny is very good too...enjoy!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I enjoyed the Book Woman of Troublesome Creek - learned about the Blue people of KY (and they're in another book about the WPA Pack Library effort as well - can't remember the title of that one off hand). Have been reading more here, too (DH does audio books, I prefer paper but am using the e-reader currently as it can be propped up and not pain my still recovering neck muscles).

Sherrill said...

I, like Julie, also liked the Book Woman. I'd never heard of the blue people. I have nearly 400 on my 'books to read' list at the library..YIKES! Currently reading Safe by S.K Barnett. I browse on Goodreads to find books with 4 stars or better. That dip looks yummy and dangerous-HA!

barbara woods said...

love Louise Penny

Ann Parks said...

I've recently listened to Kiss Carlo and read All the Stars in the Heavens, both by Adriana Trigiani. I liked Kiss Carlo a lot but found the second book a bit tedious toward the end. The Bowl with Gold Seams by Ellen Prentiss Campbell was a good read. And I found a new to me author, David Rosenfelt. His first in a series of Andy Carpenter novels, Open and Shut, was another recent read that I enjoyed. Are you familiar with the website, stopyourekillingme.com? If you have a favorite mystery writer or character, you can check this site for additional books by the author or by character's name--very handy!

Tanya said...

You and I are on the same wavelength. I just finished reading The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek which was interesting as I didn’t know anything about the book riders nor the hereditary disorder.

I also just finished The War on Normal People which was non-fiction and someone depressing...

And The Choice by Edith Eva Evers which was uplifting when thinking of how to live through struggles.

I sort of need some light reading now...