05 November, 2020

They're MAGIC!

I received a box of new patchwork (new  to me) pins in a gift box from a friend a few weeks back. They're called "Magic Pins". 
I'm very particular about my pins (read: obsessed), each pin has a purpose and each type is assigned its own, designated, pin cushion-- they're NEVER to be intermingled (ask my grandchildren! 😉).  I have fine patchwork pins and fork pins for piecing, extra-fine pins for applique, flat-flower head pins for attaching quilts to the leaders on the longarm, and long, sturdy quilting pins for attaching blocks and units to the design wall. I've been happy for years to exist with these wonderful products and never considered even trying out anything else. Then, along came the Magic pins into my life! Hmmmm... I couldn't wait to put them to the test.
I'm happy to report that they're smooth, comfortable, and very easy to handle with those ribbed heads. I was extremely pleased with these! (Disclaimer: Despite what you see in this photo, I never, ever, recommend sewing OVER pins!) These heads are also heat resistant, making them a good choice when pressing and pinning are combined. They're available in Applique, Quilting and also in the "Silk" variety, which appears to be the same as the patchwork variety that I tested, as well as Fork and Longarm pins. (I tested the .04 Extra Fine, as shown above). I've used these pins exclusively this past week for all of my piecing and can report, enthusiastically, that I'm a convert! I won't ditch my former choices, they've all got a place in my sewing room but these Magic Pins have earned their own pin cushion! (I'm sure that my friend who sent these is laughing at me right now!)  If you see some at your local quilt shop you might want to give them a try for yourself.
Oh, and what was that under the needle above? It's a turquoise pineapple! This pattern is by Elizabeth Hartman, it's called "Pineapple Farm". I scrounged through all the leftover scraps from my granddaughter's recently completed quilt to make her a three-block pillow for her for Christmas. She loves all things with a pineapple motif and I believe she'll find this to be a happy surprise. 

Life is Good!

7 comments:

Christie said...

I love my magic pins! They too have their own pin cushion! HUGS... and stitches

cityquilter grace said...

glad to hear a review...the camera must add 10 pounds as they look bigger than extra fine...LOL...but i will take your word on it....

Quiltdivajulie said...

Good to know - some of the students I had last year used them and loved them. Need to put some on my wish list.

Needled Mom said...

I'll have to keep my eye open for some of them. I am fussy about my pins too. LOVE the beautiful pineapple.

NanaNor's said...

I too love my Magic Pins and have so many-but a gal can never have enough now can she?! Love the pineapple quilt and fabric. Have a great weekend.
Noreen

Lindah said...

Magic pins! How cool! I'm looking for magic needles.
Love that pineapple.

Tanya said...

I will check those out... I'm sorry to say I never even realized that there could be different types of pins... What kind of a quilter am I?!!!