23 December, 2020

Closing In...

Even with a slower, more intentional, approach to Christmas (without the hosting and toasting) this year, the days still rush by at the same pace and all of a sudden it's "go" time. There are cookies to be baked and traditions to be upheld. The sugar cookies and almond cookies are on our  Mr. G's "must have" list, as they have been every year.

The sewing room has temporarily been converted into package-wrapping central. 
That Christmas Ornament table runner has been bound and rolled for gift-giving. 
Hannes has found the coziest, warmest spot in the house (near the fireplace) for a quick nap.
Speaking of Hannes, I baked a pan of brownies from this mix that was a gift. The tea towel is adorable. (And the brownies were very, very good too!)
I did take a quick trip to the new Pineapple Fabric Outlet nearby. I found a great deal on backing fabrics, purchased these four pieces by the pound (which averaged out at about $3.38 per yard). I also treated myself to a new 12.5" square ruler. My original one, which I've had for a very long time has chipped corners and measurement lines that are now, at best, minimally visible; it was high time.
While there I saw the Creative Grids mask template for sale which reminded me of the one that I had purchased back in April but still hadn't taken out of the packaging. 😲 I made up two in short order after coming back home. I think that I'm a Small/Medium- the small seemed too small and the medium too large. I know, I'm like Goldilocks-- I need it to be "just right"! This is something that I'll tweak and figure out later, after Christmas.
And so, here we are; Christmas Eve's Eve. Chex Mix is yet another tradition that must be observed around here. I made up a double batch this year. We'll share some and munch on the rest. Yes, Christmas is closing in fast; we're down to the wire. The shopping is done and it's time to sit back and enjoy what we've planned and prepared, however Christmas looks for you and your family this year. What Christmas traditions are you upholding this year, even if your gatherings look different?

This isn't my quilt, I found this on the Internet and would love to replicate it,
I am drawn to the simplicity and the scrappiness. Isn't it sweet?

I have some other ideas for January quilts too, and, along with all of you, will be happy to bid adieu to 2020. I hope and pray that these last few days of this unexpectedly eventful year see you all remaining safe and healthy. 

Life is Good!
 

5 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

My design studio and cutting table have become package wrapping central as well - something about that elevated large flat surface . . . Merry Christmas to you and yours. Stay safe and well.

cityquilter grace said...

your goodies look delish! chex mix is off my diet list but it is good indeed! a most blessed christmas and a joyful, healthy and more fun new year for all of us!

AnnieO said...

Thanks for sharing! I’m making a cream cheese pie and listening to Christmas music while it bakes. There’s a lot of wrapping to do but I have a fresh roll of tape and plenty of bags. Merry Christmas!

Janet O. said...

Your home looks so cozy and inviting!
My sewing room usually becomes wrapping central, too.
I have wondered about the creative grid mask template, but I decided I have probably made enough masks for now. :)
We are still going to have a pizza dinner on Christmas Eve, even though it is just three of us. And that same three of us will enjoy our traditional Christmas Day brunch. We have certain Christmas movies we like to squeeze in at some point over the holiday, and we do enjoy playing some games together. And don't forget the long winter's nap when the festivities are over!

Tanya said...

Ah Chex Mix! How I would love some of that!

So nice to see Hannes and know that he is enjoying a cozy nap in all the preparations!