17 December, 2020

Soup's On!

It's Thursday~ that means it's homemade-soup-for-lunch day around here recently. For years I've bookmarked soup recipes and never made them; that all changed this month. As I mentioned in an earlier post, with no parties or open house this year, I find myself with no one else to cook for but us! Capitalizing on that fact I began a new weekly tradition. Two weeks ago it was homemade split pea with ham, last week it was chicken noodle and a rich, thick, hearty beef stew today. So far there have been no complaints. I've got my eye on a potato soup for after the holidays. I'm happy to share these recipes via email if you'd like to try one, or all, of them. 
Soup~ it's what's for lunch!

Life is Good!

7 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

mmm mmm good! except the pea soup....LOL

Sherrill said...

It's just me so I make soup often and try to downsize the recipe (if it's for more than 4). Yesterday was an Italian sausage and veggie soup which was pretty good and I have the ingredients for asparagus soup which will probably happen tomorrow.

Paula, the quilter said...

I recently made a broccoli cheddar soup. Yummy. I think soup is my favorite meal.

Janet O. said...

I love soups, too. These look delicious.
Like Grace, I never loved pea soup, but a few years ago my daughter introduced me to a vegan split pea soup and it has become one of my favorites.

straythreads said...

It’s soup season here too .our church started a little share the soup project of taking a pint of soup to our shut ins and I have personally extended the project to my elderly PEO sisters. For some it’s the first Christmas with no family
Merry Christmas
Ann

AnnieO said...

Yummy! We have a couple of favorite soups but I usually wait for a crowd to make them. No crowd this year :(

Tanya said...

I'm working on beef stew right now! Such comfort food during the winter season!