20 January, 2021

Who's At The Door?

Welcome! Mr. Snowman is all quilted, bound and is guarding the door to the sewing room for the winter months. This was a wonderful Country Threads pattern to stitch up, you can find it here

I used a straight-line quilting approach for a quick and easy finish. Somehow I made twice as many flying geese units than I needed (?!!), they were relegated to the back. 
And, speaking of people at the door... our doorbell rang yesterday after lunch. Outside stood our next door neighbor with this roll of batting, it was accidentally delivered to his house. I've been waiting for this order since the 11th of November! I have been piecing batting scraps together (and making door banners and table runners) since that time. From what I understand the batting companies are still running wa-a-a-a-a-y behind in their orders. Hopefully this situation will catch up before I find myself needing to order again; this 30 yard roll should last me a good while!

Life is Good!

9 comments:

straythreads said...

adorable snowman love the back. and really that roll of batting is 30 yards? it must explode when you take the plastic off.
thanks for visiting my blog. I thought daughter would say color cornerstones but she was in favaor of the black too.
stay healthy and have a great day

Janet O. said...

Looks like a friendly guard at your sewing room door.
Glad to see you found the batting!

cityquilter grace said...

i think we have reverted back to pony express here in MD....ultra slow! love mr snowman!

AnnieO said...

Very cute Snow person! I‘m glad your batting finally reached your door. I cringed watching the news showing multiple semi- trucks blown over on the freeways in our horrible windstorms—those packages will be delayed longer!

Tanya said...

Door quilts always make a house look so welcoming! Your snowman is so cute!

I've got a roll of batting too and I'm surprised at how fast it gets used up! Heaven forbid I'm going to have to purchase another roll this year!

Frog Quilter said...

Love your snowman ⛄️ so cute. I bought my last batting from Overstock.

Sherrill said...

Your fabric choices are perfect and I LOVE him!! I was going to say what Frog Quilter said--Overstock has batting. Who knew? I saw it on Jo's Country Junction.

Nana said...

When you use leftover blocks on the back of a quilt do you piece them into the backing or applique to the back?

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Nana- When I used the leftover blocks on the back I pieced them in.