25 April, 2021

Welcome, Spring!

After a few false starts it looks as though spring is here to stay! These white Iris are from my childhood home, I dug up a little clump of them before my parents sold the home and moved twelve years ago. Since then, I have divided them at least four times, our daughter in the Capital City has a clump of her own (which may have also been divided by now)! 
These Iris were added more recently, another gift of division from our son-in-law's parents. 
This is my little perennial garden. I started this a few years ago. The delight in this is two-fold: I get SO excited about the reemergence of all of the plantings, and the fact that it's just outside my sewing space! The windows and the door that you can see above, just inside the side porch, are my sewing room; from here I can observe not only the bluebird house, and my feeders, but all of the flowers as they come into season. 
On Friday this past week I met up with a blogging friend, Mama Spark, at Pineapple fabrics. We had such a wonderful reunion there, as did our husbands (who've met previously). We had lunch together and made future plans for the fall. Have you ever met up, in real life, with a blogger friend? If not, I would encourage you to do that if the opportunity presents itself. You already know a lot about them (virtually); for me, it's been like reconnecting with an old friend. I've done this several times and can happily report that it has only deepened what I already considered (through blogworld) to be a lifelong friendship! 
Not only did we have a shopping spree and lunch together, but she brought 25 nap blankets to donate to our annual cause! Twenty-five!! These nap blankets will cover and comfort those enrolled in our local school system's Pre-K program. Mama Spark knew that this was a program embraced by our small group and she was eager to get involved. These nap blankets will be loved and treasured by the recipients. 💗 My heart is overflowing with gratitude. 
We were lucky enough to meet our daughter for lunch, after church, today in a city nearby while our oldest granddaughter attended a swim camp. When we were leaving to drive home we encountered this sight beside us at a traffic light. I don't know how this puppy kept his hat in place but I would say that this is but one more sure sign, that spring is here...
But, just in case there's any doubt... remember that picture on the left from a few weeks ago?
We've got bluebird hatchlings! Yes, for sure, spring has sprung; and I'd say its here to stay!

Life is Good!

7 comments:

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

It's so lovely that you got to meet up IRL with your blogging friend. It's so nice to see everyone getting out and about now that restrictions are easing a bit.

julieQ said...

OH what fun! So many little quilts for babes...and speaking of babes, look at those birds! They grow so fast!

Little Penpen said...

How fun! You both look so cute!

Carolyn said...

My nest has eggs also and she was setting on them as it snowed here.

R's Rue said...

So cute. 😍

Quiltdivajulie said...

Funny funny dog photo - does Hannes need a hat for his road trips with y'all? A real live fabric store visit - I have had only two in the past year - both with the LQS that was closing for their liquidation sale. I love shopping online for the convenience and selection, but there is nothing like the immersion of being inside a store with 1000s of bolts of fabrics.

Tanya said...

So nice to meet up with a virtual friend. I've done that twice by arrangement and once by accident at I met a fellow quilt blogger I'd followed for quite a while at a quilt show!