20 May, 2021

Welcome, Sam!

Meet Sam, he's the newest guard to be posted at the door to my sewing room; he's arrived just in time for Memorial Day, Flag Day and the 4th of July! As my friend commented when she saw him under construction: "he's a yankee doodle dandy", that he surely is. Sam is a Country Threads pattern (thanks, Mary and Connie for another wonderful pattern!). Sam joins the ranks of an army of sentries who dutifully occupy this post throughout the year: Santa, Brrrrr, Harvey and Frank; welcome, Sam!
Sam went together quickly, the pieces are all large and the flag “jacket” is constructed from a pre-made flag, he measures 22" X 59". I found the absolute MOST PERFECT piece in my stash for the backing, and I had enough!
Just enough~ this was meant to be!
I got him quilted up quickly yesterday and from there I couldn't stop...
His button details were added and the binding went on lickity-split, 
not quite a quilt in a day but almost.

Life is Good!

9 comments:

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Sam is simply wonderful! I hadn't realized how many guards you have -- such a nifty thing to do!

julieQ said...

Completely darling!

Quiltdivajulie said...

What a great series of seasonal quilts/studio guards.

cityquilter grace said...

they are all simply adorable...what cute sentries!

Jacqueline said...

Love him. I am a big patriotic fan.

Sherrill said...

I gotta say I think Frank is my favorite by a mile! So cute and love that backing.

Janet O. said...

Sam looks mighty fine! You have a nice array of guards on hand!

Mary Etherington said...

This is Mary from Country Threads - what a nicely made Sam and I love your dual straight line quilting for him! You really do have a nice collection of door banners - mine hang outside and all need to be remade because the originals are so faded. Thanks for a wonderful. Log post, Deb! Hugs to Hannes!

Tanya said...

Very nice and so welcoming for your door!