14 December, 2022

Who's The Boss?

You probably already know the answer. A puppy in the house and life isn't the same anymore, this precious little under-three-pound bundle is calling the shots! Crate training has been going better. He willingly goes in and out on his own during the day. Nighttime is a little different but he's progressing. One step at a time. 
Yesterday I had hoped to finish up the quilting on a quilt for our quilt ministry at church but Augie had other ideas. He likes to get right between my feet and sleep! Oh! My!! 💗
During his nap time I did manage to complete the quilting and get it trimmed up. Isn't this one pretty? It was pieced and donated by a church member's 97 year old mother. 
I took this photo of our Chrismon tree at church this past week. I really do miss those workshops that we attended over the last year+, even more so now that the shop has closed. I still have lots of purchased kits and beads to do others but they won't get done now before next year. 
This is our Chrismon tree at home. I got this one up and decorated before Augie came home. Everything takes longer with a puppy either running around or in your arms. It puts me in mind of being a new mother and amazing myself with how much I could get done with one hand while holding a baby; it's a life skill that even decades can't erase. 
And so, little by little, things are getting done around here.
I'm learning the ropes. I have a new boss. 
Life is Good!















5 comments:

Linda said...

Oh my word! What an adorable puppy!!!! Your quilt is beautiful and so is your Christmas tree!

Little Penpen said...

Pretty trees!! I love your clogs! My doxie is almost 16, and she’s still the boss, too!

Mary Etherington said...

Who wouldn’t love Augie between their feet?

Kath Smith said...

I have been reading your blog for some years, from here in Wales, in the UK. I was so pleased to see that you have a new puppy. No dog can replace a beloved companion, as Hanes was. However, if there is a good home, love and companionship to be given, it is a tribute to your late pet that you open your home and family to a dear little pup. I have 3 dogs, Sali, Bunty and Mimi , and adore all three. If I were to lose one, I would like to think that I could offer a kind home to another dog. We , as pet owners, have lots of love and kindness to give, which should not be wasted because of the sadness of bereavement. Wishing you well as he trains you !

Tanya said...

Oh that cute little face! How can you resist not just picking up and loving him constantly!

Love the white decorated Christmas trees and the absolutely beautiful Log Cabin!